Why do a lot of extremely tall men want to date petite women?

I see this quite frequently in where I live but I think it is just so awkward to date someone with such a great height difference.Don't you think so?

• Yes,it is awkward to date someone with a great height difference.
  • No,it is not awkward to date someone with such a great height difference.
@Ryosanada:When I say petite,I meant that the woman is much shorter and of a smaller size than the man.Thanks,

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that many really tall guys seem to date really short women...? Do they think maybe they can physically dominate a much smaller woman?

I would agree that it's difficult in some situations..hard to dance with someone so much shorter, for one thing, if you're doing any sort of waltz or other traditional ballroom dancing.

I understand that people fall for each other regardless of their relative size. It just strikes me that it's so COMMON to see really tall guys with much shorter women. Wouldn't they generally tend to pick women their own size, most often? But it doesn't seem that way.

I think a lot of guys are insecure, and being with a much smaller woman makes them feel more 'manly' , especially if they still identify with traditional male roles--carrying everything, holding doors, etc--., where a woman their own size wouldn't need so much help with those things!

A much smaller woman allows them to more naturally play this traditional male protective role. She really would have difficulty carrying heavy things, holding the door open for herself, and so forth.

What Guys Said 15

• People date the people that will give them desirable offspring.

I'm 6'4" and my friends will always point out tall girls and say: "you should approach her".

Truth is, I like tiny girls. Maybe subconsciously I don't want my kids to be giants. I can imagine this is the case for small girls too, sure, everybody might think they should date tiny men, but maybe they want their children to be bigger than they are. In that case, they need to date tall men, to even things out.

• Well are most of the women in your area petite? If so, that right there would explain, as those are mostly the types of women available.

I haven't seen this trend particular, but if two people have chemistry then something like height differences aren't gonna keep them apart.

• It's so sexy. Plus no guy wants to look up to his girlfriend. That's for kids and their dad. Haha

It should be noted that I do not discriminate. But we all have a preference. I'm 6'2. My preference stalls at 5'11.

• There is no inherent reason, probably. There may be some ancient occult reason for this, such as the story of Thor whom, during a conflict with Loki, had a whetstone lodged into his head - this is the reason Vikings could not roll whetstones across the floor, because it would also move the whetstone in Thor's head and make him angry, and cause terrible storms. Or perhaps more accurately, when God sent his wrath upon the serpent who gave Eve the apple, he removed the legs of the snake and all of it's ancestors so it had to slither on it's belly, as punishment. Or for example, Plato's story of the Double, wherein man used to have four legs and four arms and two heads and was a great big ball, and it would roll around the world happily using it's four opposing arms and legs to tumble freely about the world. But the humans wages a war with Zeus, and Zeus said "Methinks I have a plan which will humble their pride and improve their manners; men shall continue to exist, but I will cut them in two." And now we all have two arms and two legs and one head, and we're separated into two genders, male and female, and we're too preoccupied with recreating our original shape through the act of sex (see it?) to bother waging war against the gods.

If your question was 'Why don't vikings roll whetstones across the floor?', 'Why don't snakes have legs?' and 'Why are we separated into women and men?' these would be the answers. Maybe there is a similar explanation to your dilemma.

But until we discover such an ancient occult secret, I would say, nah.There's no REASON for it. Those guys just happen to like petite girls, and they just happen to be tall. Always remember: Existence before Essence.

• Well, everyone seems to be answering in feet but I don't know my height in feet.. I'm 192cm tall. I do like short girls, I guess because it feels amazing when you hold them, their voice is really high and cute, a girls head resting on my chest just feels right and I feel like I can protect them.

• I'm guessing "petite" means shorter than him, not size? Some guys like women shorter, some like taller, some like same height. For me it doesn't matter, but sometimes guys like to have the girl's head closer to their chest, or sholders because it can feel right for them.

• A lot of them are attractive. I don't think it's awkward but it's been awhile so I'm not certain.

• Despite what most people are saying on here I'm 6'6'' and the lowest I'd go is a foot smaller (for dating) because sh*t gets complicated... Preffered height though is 5'9" to 6'1". Regardless I find a lot of short girls really f***ing hot mostly because of their curves but I don't know it's probably also cause I consider them off limits for dating and the whole you want what you can't have deal...

• what gets harder to do with a short girl? lol sorry, just wondering

• kissing in public... some sex positions... plus I always keep picturing getting married ( not lIke I'm gonna rush into it) and the kiss after the I dos... like she'd have to get on a podium to kiss me or I'd have to lift her... either way it's f***ing awkward

• it make no differene to me what difference people like who they like wather taller,shorter,hevyer,older,younger, smarter,not smarter,hotter, not good looking what why is it that people think certen people should date certen types of people

• yah it's awkward lol

But if they're into each other it doesn't matter :)

• What about short guys ? They're attractive too don't you think girls ? Because its easier for us to get a six pack more easier then taller men beacuse there body is spread out but short men its not that much spread out so it's easier for us to build muscles then a 6'6" guy

• Yes,of course there are plenty of attractive short guys too!And I don't even care about the six pack. :)

• Well muscles haha

• people think it's normal to see an extremely tall guy with a petite woman, yet they think it's awkward to see a guy with a girl who is only slightly taller than them. blah!

• I also think that it is awkward. It looks like a dad is walking his little girl around town.

• Not a big deal. To me it's always a sign of immaturity when people are so fixated on height, or on hair color or body types or whatever. I find it very similar to racism, immediately thinking more or less of someone solely based on physical appearance.

• We like it. Well I like really small girls. Because I can bend them up, toss them in the air and catch them with my you know what... lol And you know what is also smaller LOL...

There just a lot more flexible...

And I'm not that tall.. Only 5"11

What Girls Said 7

• No idea but I love it. My boyfriend is 6'5 and I am 5'4 :) And I'm not complaining.

• I think it looks cute. I'm 5 ft 2.5 and I find tall guys attractive

• Idk

I see no problem with it :p

yay for short people

• I don't know at all, I have no idea why.

• I think its cute people always tell me how cute me and my boyfriend look together because I'm 5ft flat and he's 6'6" I find it so cute how bigger he is than me but we feel so perfect together :-)

• my daughter is 5'1 weighs about 95lbs and her boyfriend is 6'3 and is about 250lbs(plays football)...they get a lot of looks for sure lol usually the comments are "omg he's so much bigger than you are!" Personality wise though they are perfect for each other and really cute together, but it's jarring to see them together cause they're about as opposite looking as it gets and he looks like he's in college and she looks like she's in middle school when actually they're both 16 and she's 6 months older than he is ;)

• Voted A, I see it as awkward to see.

yet its also cute

looks have no importance if they truly love each other