Is my boyfriend overreacting or am I the one at fault here?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months now. Everything has been moving along fine. However, a few weeks ago, we had planned to go to the movies and then dinner soon after. On the day of our date (about four hours before he was going to pick me up), my boyfriend texted me telling me that we'd have to cancel because he needed to finish up an assignment on campus. I told him it was okay and that we could decide on another day for a date. I didn't get a text from him after that (which was very unusual of him because he always texts me before bed). The next day, I ran into one of his friend while on my way to my class and I found out from him that they were actually out celebrating at a bar on campus.

I confronted my boyfriend about this and he got very ANGRY AT ME! Now, I know that I wasn't screaming or yelling at him, nor was I rude! I only want to know WHY he lied to me about an assignment? He hasn't spoken to me for the past week now and although I have tried to make an effort to text him and apologize, he's still ticked off. I don't like being lied and this is starting to really piss me the f*** off.

I don't know if I should try once more to talk to him or call this whole thing off? Did I overreact?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a girl had done that to me I would have broken up with her right then and there. He is a d*** and you should have nothing else to do with him. Cancelling a date for a reason that he lies about is unacceptable in a relationship. Dump him.

What Guys Said 4

• He's angry because he got caught. He's not to be trusted...

• Yeah you didn't over react in the slightest

• Sleep with his friend and tell your boyfriend you lied about loving him. Loves a bitch and women claimed the word so use it.

• :P your boyfriend and my girlfriend are surely related. My girlfriend does that. She will do something pucked up and then flip it around and make me the bad guy. Wow he is good. You actually think you did something wrong.

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds like a liar. He might never contact you again actually.

By another way, now that you know the way he reacts, would you still like him in your life? Because it might be the top part of the iceberg only...

I think you should forget all about him.

• Getting angry at you when he was the one who lied is controlling behavior .

It'll make you wonder what else he has lied about and you'll question him constantly and drive yourself insane in the process. Don't contact him again, see if he contacts you and take it from there but he sounds manipulative.