• Ask
  • myTake

Likes me but feels awkward dating me

Hey so me and this girl knew each other 6 years ago, and started off liking each other. However we couldn't see each other then so we talked a lot on... Show More

her birthday is coming up this Friday too, and last week we decided to go out to dinner.. but seeing as we kinda aren't talking, I don't think its happening either.

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm not sure if I am missing something here but...listen I know you feel like she is saying no because of what she said but I am hearing her say she likes you and wants to be around you. I am wondering if the issue is the simple one that happens often. A guys suggests going out or says how he feels and then nothing happens. The woman expected to be asked to an actual real date sooner (one he planned) and for the relationship to progress faster. You suggested it but it doesn't sound like you've planned an actual date and yes for a girl, waiting a few days, a week or two weeks is a long time especiall when she's been waiting 6 years already. When you have asked her to get together has it been last minute or have you tried to plan some days in advance? Every girl wants to think that you think of them when you aren't there, that you'll put time and thought into seeing her and that you would court her like a princess.
    Also, remember you guys have liked each other for a long time. While others have moved closer/made decisions that allowed them to date, you two (meanng you) have used the excuse of distance to keep you apart for 6 years. Now you are still dragging your feet. I'm sure this is not what her fantasies of the last 6 years has looked like. If you had just told her you wanted to be with her years ago, you guys may have worked out a way to make it happen way before now.
    Dude, stop being slow and go scoop your woman up and romance her. Be clear with your intentions, follow through on that date and many more. And no, hanging out is not dating.

• To answer your question yes I was planning on it for that day, but things progressed a little further than expected so I dropped the question while we were in bed cuddling. I tried to take her out on a proper date and told her that but she has thus refused since that weekend. Her Birthday is coming up this Friday and I still haven't talked to her yet since a few days ago. We were supposed to go out to dinner but thigns changed since then. I'm gona go surprise her after I get off work

• I think you need to keep surpises to a minimum. I think that it is best to be clear with your intentions & make sure you are planning things ahead of time so she doesn't feel like a last minute thought or that she is always waiting for you to be ready. I am not sure if that is the case but I do think there is a huge breakdown in communication & either she is not interested anymore or she doesn't feel like a priority. Surprises can read as an afterthought or that you don't feel she has other plans.

What Girls Said 4

• Okay, this is one theory-she could just want what she can't have, then once she has it, she doesn't want it anymore. Example-A little kid wants a dog for Christmas. He gets it, and feeds it and walks it and all of that, right? Well then he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't want the responsibility. That's one theory. But the best way to know, is just to ask her what happened or what went wrong. Maybe something else happened in her life and just doesn't want anything to do with anybody. But the best way to know (again)-is to ask her.

• A few days ago, we talked on the phone and I asked her and she still did not know why she felt the way she does. But still said she liked me, so I think she just needs some time, which its been a few days since I texted her. We haven't talked in a few days after she just suddenly stopped

• Good.

• If she isn't meeting with you it means she doesn't like you that much or else she would get excited to do it.
    Give her some time and try to focus on a different girl (date other people)

• Oh noh! I need the cheat sheet. What is the summary?

• what do you mean cheat sheet?

What Guys Said 1

• all you can do is say in a soft voice hey babe if you what to go out wtih that's fine and I don't what to give up on you and dude rember if she just what's freindship that's fine too and dude rember there's allways more fish in the sea and happy thanks giveing man