Is it OK to date your best friend's ex-girlfriend?

Like we both like each other so much. She broke up with him, but he still likes her and its been months. How should I tell him. Should I ask? Should I just go for it, Keep it secret.. How do I handle this situation?

Ok, I just called him. He said he would have to understand and was OK with it.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If it was only a couple of months ago... That is not a very wise decision... Another thing, how close were they? aka did his family love her? did her family love him? Was he completely ruined over the breakup? Was she? She could be also doing it to get back at him...I suggest you tread water very lightly my friend... For this is not an easy topic to play with, especially with you supposed "best friend"If he was your best friend, this shouldn't even be a question in your mind.. Sure mabe a couple of years down the road.. But I don't suggest jumping on this boat right away.

What Girls Said 5

• Generally not a situation I'd like to get into. Depending on the kind of relationship they had, I would advise you against going there. But if you're going to do it, definitely tell your friend.

• No! That's just a violation of the friend code.

• depends how long they have been apart and I'd just ask her and then eventually tell him or be honest depends on the guy

• seems kinda wrong. I wouldn't do that to a friend. He still likes her, that's the only thing that should matter, even if he's says its okay. Unlesss you know he's over her then dont, at least not right now...maybe later tho.

• two ways to go with this.1.) Ask your best friend, be honest with her, tell her you like him, and he likes you and you'd want to date him. It's up to her. If she says yes, then sure, go for it, she told you that you could date him. If she says no, then you immediately back off. No if's and's or but's.2.) If you're too afraid to ask your best friend, and afraid of a fight, just back off. Is this guy really worth your friendship?

What Guys Said 6

• Still seems wrong to me

• There might be a exception like your friend died or moved away those are the only reasons I can think of to break the man code.

• HAHA dude, I'm in the exact situation. here's what I did, I took her, never told my friend. They dated about a year ago, and they were in love, If you like her, take her and don't let go.

• hell no are you stupid? unless you value her more than your friendship. You must not be a good friend

• obviously not if he stills has feeling for her ta fauq is wrong with you...?

• You might think asking is doing the right thing - asking him for permission, I mean.But you have to be prepared to live with his decision then. You can't ask him for permission, then do it anyway if he says No.