Would a guy reply to your text out of politeness if he wasn't interested?

I sent my guy friend a message which was a bit keen and I think he got the impression I wanted more like a relationship, but I was kind of hinting at no strings. He didn't reply but so I gave him a few weeks space and changed the subject, he replied to that one, and although he doesn't he didn't ask how I was he still seemed friendly, did he text me just to be polite or does he still want to be friends?

I saw him, we chatted briefly then later I couldn't resist in tellling him that I was only suggesting no strings. He got that message and we stayed together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dunno. You're gonna have to ask him that. Sometimes if you want a guy you gotta hit him on the head with a 2x4 to let him know. We get used to girls NOT being interested in us and can miss subtle hints like texts. Come right out and say it. Do it face to face, and back it up with a little body language so there's no way he'll miss the message.

What Guys Said 2

• I would, but I would measure my reply in a way that wouldn't be misleading or intentionally lead her on.

• I would say that unless he's an idiot or your text was super ambiguous that he got the message and he didn't want reply because he probably wasn't into it unfortunately. He probably replied to the second one because he felt that he didn't feel the pressure of giving the wrong impression but he likes having your friendship and didn't want to be rude and not reply to that one.

What Girls Said 1

• Just to be polite:)