Girl says 'lol' at inappropriate points in conversation?

I text this girl back and forth and from time to time she will just use 'lol' at really weird times.

Like for instance I texted "how was the show?" and she replied "it was good as always, lol".

There are many examples.

I admit, I'm insecure, but the only time I like to see 'lol' is when I make a joke...

I get that some people say 'lol' when they have nothing to say or are uncomfortable... but then I think "what if I am making them uncomfortable?". I dunno, I think this because I am not a good conversationalist, but I never laugh at people when they ask me stupid questions...

Most Helpful Girl

• No no no! Your totally taking it wrong! We usually add an "lol" out of habit.

Don't think to much behind it :)

What Girls Said 4

• I start just about every text with "hehe" Its just a habit and doesn't mean I am laughing in any way. Saying lol for some people is likely the same thing. From the looks of it, that's what she is doing.

• Okay, cool thanks. She says hehe alot, but it's more consistent like when we are flirting or whatever. I am just tripped up by her putting in 'lol' at random times. I'm sure its just a habit, though

• I use hehehe when I'm being sarcastic, you know to keep things light.

• Girls do that all the time . Especially if they're uncomfortable about the conversation. Or if they don't know how else to respond.

It's common, trust me.

• lol that's lol weird lol

• Omg I'm so embarrassed ...haha. Great thank you another thing for us women to obsess over. Sheeshhh...smh.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's just a force of habit, dude. It's not uncommon, try not to take things so personally. She's not actually laughing at you. Girls almost seem to just use 'lol' to show they're happy. I'm rarely actually laughing when I use it, it's not a big deal.

• Some girls are just lousy conversationalists, and use lol as a place holder. It has lost all meaning.