Should I date him, even if I don't really have crush on him?

I have this guy friend and we hang out a lot and text all the time. We run together but the only problem is he's not that cute. All my close friends say that we should date because they want me to have a boyfriend and they think that it would be totally adorable. I think he likes me because we're about to hang out one on one and he's always coming up with excuses to talk to me. We talk about dating all the time, but not about our dating.

I don't really have a crush on him and I'm not physically attracted to him but he's nice and it wouldn't be a serious relationship anyway. Should I date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it's not that complimentary to go out with someone just for convenience, or just because yuo don't have anything better going on. It's misleading him, since I'm sure you're not going to tell him you don't find him attractive. He will assume that you DO find him attractive if you go out together.

What Guys Said 5

• Well getting to know someone and dating them can make you become more attracted. It happened to me when I dated a girl who I thought was average looking. Basically it was the same scenario. Girl wanted to date me, I was unsure, friends thought I needed a GF, so I went for it, turned out to be my first and only love.

However, the key word here is "Average looking" you should find him at least relatively good looking. If you think he's down right unattractive, then nothing is going to change that. Look at it this way, on a scale of 1-10, personality and falling in love can move a persons score by maybe 2-3 points at most. So if he's a 2 in your book, nothing is going to turn him into a 8,9,10.

• Also should add that I agree with the premis of martyfellow. I think many girls think they are doing us guys a favor by dating or flirting with us because it will make us feel good or something. It actually feels worse. We rather just be told you aren't attracted to us in that way and that you aren't interested in dating us. It allows us to clear our mind and move on to hunting other prey (so to speak).

• NO! NO! NONONO!

Please don't, it's not fair to him if you don't feel it for him. Contrary to what hollywood would have us believe, we simply don't grow physical attraction from zero to present by knowing someone well. It's either there, or it is not, and if it's not, it almost never comes. That's gonna be misleading to him. Worse, he's probably gonna want to get intimate, and you'll be grossed and creeped out. That will hurt him, and I know that's not what you want to do. If you don't feel any attraction to him, then just stay friends, He'll have to accept it. You'll find guys you are attracted to, and he'll find a woman who is attracted to him. This is much better, for both of you.

• i would want to advise you not to to that because if put myself in his shoes and I wouldn't like knowing what goes on in your head but this usually happens because we never really know what people have in their minds, you wanna give him a shot and its OK with me

• If you do not like him, why do you text all the time ? Do women really get a kick misleading guys ?

I hope you'll be in the same situation as the one he is in soon, that will teach you a good lesson.

• Date a guy because you like him for who he is. Not because your friends want you to.

What Girls Said 2

• No. if you're not attracted to him then why date him? those kinds of guys go in the friend zone

• This is probably one of the most horrible, judgmental thing I've ever heard anyone say on this site.. Just because someone isn't "physically" attractive doesn't mean you won't begin to find him attractive if you give him a chance. Never judge someone, because there are probably multiple people out there think the same about you.

• Actually... the friend zone concept is mainly physical. There's a lot of fat chicks at my work I love talking too... but I'd never even stand near them, much less kiss them.

• I too have a question like this and I don't know what to do either.

I think its best to keep it as friends if you don't like him. You're just going to end up hurting him if you get his hopes up