Just started dating this guy and not sure what to get him for xmas. I think he wants to go all out for me?

So let me start off by saying I have known and been friends with him for like 5 years. We recently started dating, it's been like a month. We are by no means official though.

Ultimately, we both realize we are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend though... we've talked about it and it's understood that's where we are heading.

So we've been talking about Xmas and he keeps asking me what I want. He's mentioned jewelry- I feel like that is inappropriate. I think it's way too soon. I told him no I don't want that. Then he suggested a kindle. Again, I think it's too much. And I know he doesn't plan on getting me just one thing, it would be gift(s), as he's mentioned.

He is a very generous person, always has been. It's not like he's rich, he's just that kind of person. I had a feeling this would happen. I don't want him to go overboard for me.

Honestly- I really don't want anything for Christmas and I told him that but he insists on getting me stuff. And he said he wants nothing, already has everything he wants. So I don't know what to do for him at all.

I want to give him a gift of equal value but I don't feel like spending a lot is appropriate at this time, especially since we are not even official.

What should I do? What should I get him? What should I tell him to get me? idk! he doesn't want me to get him anything at all but I could never do that!

What Guys Said 1

• If you just started dating, I wouldn't spend over $25 dollars, too soon for lavish gifts, and that's enough for a nice gesture.

If you can't think of a specific item, then a gift card for a store that caters to any of his hobbies.

What Girls Said 1

• Set a dollar limit that he is not allowed to spend more than. I had to do that for my boyfriend last year. That will keep him from going overboard and it will mean you can get him something you know is equal in value.