Why would a guy pretend to drunk text me?

I used to like this guy but I'm starting to lose interest because I feel like he's playing me. He'll call me baby, tell me I'm cute, or that I'm hot. Then I told him he's annoying me and I started to text normally and started saying how he pretended to drunk text over 20 people.

Why does he do this? He has a lot of girl friends and I feel like he just uses me and flirts with me as a self esteem booster.

Most Helpful Guy

• Gotta agree with GAG1989. I have a friend who is sort of like this. There are people who will keep a list of people in their phone book whom they'll just randomly call or text to flirt with. My buddy just has numbers in his phone of all these random girls he's dated, slept with, was friends with, flirted with, met somewhere, etc. He rarely talks or hangs with them (if ever), but when he's bored he'll just start texting and flirting with them and for some godforsaken reason they always play along (he's not even very good looking). So this could be what this guy is doing.

It's also possible that he knows you are now annoyed by him so he's using the drunk texting as an excuse so that he has an out. He can claim that he was just drunk if at any point you don't like what he's said.

What Guys Said 4

• Drunk = others give more latitude & forgiveness to wanton things you'd like to do

• to fish for information without sounding like an idiot. If you're "drunk" you can blame it on the alcohol. If you're sober, then they know you're an idiot

• hes making you jealous---its working

• He's also making me not like him as a person hahha... I'm never confident if he likes me. Is he trying to make me jealous because he likes me?

• maybe, maybe not. we'll never know unless he says he does

• Trying to let you know how he feels while having an excuse if things don't go how he wanted.

What Girls Said 1

• If you already told him he's annoying when he texts you sometimes, he's probably emberassed so he comes up with the excuse that he didn't mean to text you, in fact that you weren't the only one therefore saying he was drunk, just to defend himself.