Trying to gauge if I've chased her away for good

I've been seeing a girl I really like for 2 months, the relationship starting off as a whirlwind, going out on 5-6 dates and always having a really good time.

I rarely fall fast for girls but did in this case, my adoration blinding me to some signs from her that I was chasing her too much. The last time I asked her out she had plans and didn't offer to get together another time.

I backed off and she texted me a few days later, not to get together but essentially saying hi, and I replied. Then a few nights later I sent a text about something that made me think of her and to say hi (was drunk and felt stupid the next day about doing it), and she replied with a nice text right away. I haven't contacted her since (that was a week ago) and haven't heard from her either.

Now that I've had some time to think about it, I can see where I chased her too much and made some mistakes, with the last text message possibly pushing her over the edge. I'm beating myself up about potentially messing up what could have been a good situation with a great girl.

Just trying to gauge if I still have a shot to correct the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're beating yourself up way too much here. This girl is obviously interested in you. When she had plans that last time you asked her out, she was probably expecting you to offer new plans since you've done the pursuing the first 5-6 dates. When she didn't hear from you, she probably thought you were no longer interested so she sent a text just to say "hi" seeing how you'd react.

So stop being so hard on yourself already and don't worry about coming on too strong. : ) You've already had up to 6 dates with the girl...there's no need to back off unless she asks you to!

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like she is still into you but maybe she isn't sure that you are still into her. The one text that you did send her was when you were drunk so she probably doesn't think it was very sincere. I think that you should contact her again. Make an effort to talk to her regularly is she seems receptive.

• try to talk o her.

• Well, what did that text say?

• Basically "just had the best (food she likes) ever, thought of you, have a great day!"

What Guys Said 2

• Personally I think your in your head to much. She probably is trying to figure out what he did wrong and why you haven't texted her or asked he out again.

• It seems she likes you. Which is important, because she has some attraction towards you. I would not text anymore. You need to pick up the phone and actually speak with her. I think she waiting for you to make the next move. Call her up and make specific plans to go out on a specific day and time. If she yes, great your back in, if she says no, but want to reschedule, that's OK. However, if she makes up some excuse not to go, then she could be playing games. When it feels right tell how you feel and where she wants this relationship to go. Good Luck.