Dating multiple people?

So just curious on your guys opinions here. If you go and meet somebody and start going on dates with them, is it okay to go on dates with other people also? The way I think about this is, its okay but kinda rude and disrepectful. If you go on a few dates with somebody and your interested in them, why bother with going out with other people until you see where it goes. Also my other point is, If I'm taking you out, paying for it, driving, investing my time into you then why would I wanna do all this if your gonna go and do the exact same thing tomorrow with another guy? I think its very disrespectful and kinda says that you might be a whore if we end up dating. I'm going on experience of course. Girls who were only going on dates with me before were in a relationship,were decent gfs and faithful. Girls who were seeing other guys while we were going on dates turned out to be whores when we got in relationship. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've tried to do multiple dating. I think the key for me is that my limit is dating them the maximum 3 dates. Whoever I like the best and has succeed in having three wonderful dates would be the person I'd start dating monogamously.

Its hard to bring up poly dating with someone because the other person sometimes does want to think even at the beginning of just dating they are the only ones that you are talking too.

Another key note is to NOT sleep with anyone, and I mean ANYONE when you are dating multiple people.

Dating doesn't mean serious relationship, dating is trying and putting yourself out there. Just because you have multiple dates doesn't mean you are a bad person. You have no obligation to your date other to be polite and courteous.

Also I don't try to find people to just date all at once, sometimes it just happens and I go with it.

• I agree with you and Red Smartie's answer. Once you hit that 3 date limit and you plan more you really shouldn't date other people. Before the 3 dates its free game lol

What Girls Said 10

• I would say it depends on who you ask. If you're just dating and in the getting to know each other stage and aren't exclusively in a relationship then some people do date others but if you each truly care about each other and want to take it the next level then yes you should be committed to that one person. For me if I really like a guy I won't look any further and won't date anyone else but he's gotta feel and be on the same page as I am.

• I think it's tacky and selfish. I'd lose interest immediately and that would be something I'd let other people know about them if they asked about them in general. I think it's harsh to call them whores, but I do think they may have whore-like tendencies.

• I think it's okay if you've only been on one date with a person, it's okay to still look around. If you've been on a second date and you've planned a third, you should stop dating around and go for that one person.

• I think it's more than okay to go on multiple dates.

Why limit yourself to one person when nothing is serious at all.

Then you have to reset the cycle again.

I've dated 4 guys simultaneously before even choosing the guy I wanted to be exclusive with.

The only down fall I see to this is when you have two or more that are great and it's hard to make a decision as to who to be with.

It makes dating so much convenient.

• It's fine if it's just a first date. But if the girl feels like she connects well with you she wouldn't do that, or at least I wouldn't.

• There's always exclusive and not exclusive dating. Sometimes girls will casually date, if she's not sure what she wants. Be clear in the beginning what kind of dating you want you and her relationship to be.

• I've done this and for me it never really turns out to be good in the end. I'd rather date one person at a time now.

• Well you've clearly already made up your mind about what you think, so what does it matter what we think? I think you're 100% wrong, plenty of girlfriend material girls date a few guys in the beginning. WHY? because you have no idea who the guy is! How would you feel if a girl went on one date with a douchebag, and turned you down for a date because she needed to be "loyal" to dates with him (some guy she doesn't know and isn't in a relationship with). I mean this thinking is crazy, you've made a bunch of wrong offensive statements, and made it very clear what kind of guy you are. A bitter, "nice-guy" who spends all his time mad at women with options because you have few to none. How do you like offensive assumptions now?

• as long as everyone knows what's going on.

• Theoretically, you don't know what a girl is doing when she's not with you.

If I'm single, I'm single.i'm not your girlfriend just because we went on a couple dates.I have to keep my options open, not hang my hopes up on just one guy.until wee make it exclusive don't worry about what I'm doing and who I'm with, its not your business

• Yea but that point of view seems kinda desperate on the girls part imo. If you like someone and wanna see where it goes why even bother with somebody else. Why not see where it goes and if it doesn't work out after a few more dates then the most you wasted was a little bit of time. I don't know maybe I'm different because If I like the person I feel bad if I go on a date with somebody else.

• I can see where it goes while I'm dating someone else.there's nothing desperate about it, I'm keeping my options open and that's my right as a single woman.until I get exclusive with someone then I can date as many people I want at once. I wouldn't care if I was seeing a guy who did the same.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's okay as long as both people understand it is casual dating and that at least one (possibly both) of you are also dating other people. However, once a relationship is established, clearly it should be an exclusive dating situation where neither of you are dating anyone else.

• I think maybe if it's just a first couple dates that's fine but after that the girl should make it clear she's not interested in that way.

• I think it depends.

If it's only the first or second date, and you and the other person don't know each other very well yet, it's kind of silly and insecure to have expectations that they can't meet or date other people.

However, if there's chemistry, you've been on several dates with that person and it's been a few weeks, then it's common courtesy to see where it goes with them before seeing other people.

• isn't that the point of dating? To trial run and review people before you commit to them.

Though lots of girls want to do it not beecause they have any interest in a guy but because they like the free stuff. One of the reasons I don't date.

• No you should only date one person at a time.

• Ask her to be your girlfriend and hopefully she will be loyal to you (:

• If I'm at an EARLY stage (just going on first dates) then I have no problem dating multiple people, if the opportunity to do so arises. However, if I'm going on repeat dates, then I won't schedule dates with anyone else. Not because it's rude or disrespectful, but because I only bother going on a repeat date if I'm very interested in her. And if I'm very interested in her, it's unlikely that I'm going to be interested in anyone else.

Anyway, If I find out that a girl's seeing other people while she's seeing me, then she's clearly not that interested. I end things immediately when that happens.