Is it reason to back off if you stole a kiss and the girl pushed you away?

this guy did major effort just to get my number. (called my work 3x just to speak to me)

we really really connected and I can tell that he has this giddy feeling every time I am close to him. the thing is on our first date, while we were talking and holding hands - he leaned in for a kiss. I pulled away and said too soon then kissed him twice on the cheeks.. he said that was awkward but you were right..

we talked for a bit after that and then he dropped me home.. he told me, that was really nice and we should do it again some time. then zilch, didn't hear from him again..

what gives?

also, is it OK for me to get in touch with him? it's been 2 weeks

What Guys Said 1

• LOL he's put off you didn't let him kiss you. He did what's commonly told, go in for the kiss, don't ask her, and he was shot down. He probably feels then you have no attraction for him. If I were to guess, after two weeks, he's probably moved on. You can try, but don't get your hopes up.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably thought there wasn't a connection and you not kissing him was rejecting him.