Would he say yes to a coffee date if he didn't want to go?

I've known this guy for a while, we worked together for a few months and would always talk, in a way that I considered flirty but nothing really ever came of it, maybe because we worked together, but he's also a little awkward around girls, he told me he used to be really insecure, and I think sometimes he compensates by acting a little aloof "like a bro" for lack of better terminology. We've started talking again recently and I texted him and asked him if he would want to get coffee. He replied with "that would be chill". I have a few questions, does he think its a date? would he have said yes just because we are friendly and he would have felt bad saying no? does he get the hint that I'm interested in him?

What Guys Said 1

• Date - probably not in the "romantic" way that you're thinking.

Going just because he's friendly - probably not... especially if he had to go out of his way to do it.

Hint that you're interested - hard to tell from just the paragraph you posted.

What Girls Said 0