If a guy says he likes you and you talk to him every day why does he have moments of ignoring you?

I have been talking to this guy for awhile and we have known each other since our school days. We talk normally 5 to 6 times a day every day...starting with good morning and ending with good night. We live almost 2 hours from each other. He says he likes me and I can tell he does, he texts me more than anyone. When we do not text we leave Facebook messages. We get along great and have a lot in common, and if people seen our conversation they would think we were already dating. So my question is sometimes he has this period for a day or two that he will not text me or talk to me. But if I forget or do not call him he becomes agitated like I do it on purpose. I am having a hard time reading him and one minute I think he likes me and the next I am like what the heck just happened. Most days he makes me feel like I am the one he wants but then those moments come where I finally give in and text him and ask what he is doing. I am lucky if I get a "Not a lot", and when he is in this 'mood' that is all I get from him. Why one minute he likes me and the next he ignores me? Why if I ignore him I never hear the end of it? Can anyone offer any advice, because I have talked to my friends and they do not understand him either. I have asked him and he has told me he likes me but then I don't hear from him for a day or two. I literally feel like I am being bounced from "I like you today" to "I will talk to you later" and later meaning really two days without hearing from him. I don't want any games and if this is what he is doing I would just like to kinda know whether I should give up or not. If anyone has any real opinions or advice I would appreciate to hear them.

What Guys Said 2

• I was gonna say that mature people DON'T need to be in contact everyday, but then I saw where he gets upset when you don't stay in steady contact. I guess, this is a long shot too, is that he wants to feel you are pining all over him, maybe even wants you to be clingy. Might stem from a small insecurity. When you forget to call him, he wonders then, maybe you don't like him, not into him anymore, or whatever. It is strange, since you've known each other for such a long time, and talk QUITE a bit. Other than this, I really don't know lol.

• You seem clingy, but you can't logically make something work long distance if you're too clingy.

What Girls Said 0