Do you feel like an observer than a participator when it comes to dating?

Do you feel like you see situations of dating and relationships around you, and know of them rather than having any action of your own?

Some days I feel like my dating/sex life is so boring and non-existent while others sound much more exciting and fun (even if there are problems and what not). Even reading questions and situations here on GaG makes me feel like my own life is so quiet. Honestly, maybe I'm missing out on more potential stress (I did have some regarding a girl early this semester) but it seems that I run into a lot of bad luck and unrequited situations most of the time.

Does anyone feel the same way?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It's about even for me. I don't have a lot of relationships but I learn a lot from each one. I observe my own relationships and others' in real life as well as fiction to kind of get the idea of what kind of person would work well with me and what irrational behavior looks like so I can steer clear of it. So even though I observe, I don't think it's a bad thing.

What Girls Said 8

• That's my exact situation. I've been doing a lot of self-improvement the past couple years, but I'm ready to date now. I actually am okay with the fact that I haven't done any dating yet, because observing other relationships has helped me figure out what I want/don't want in a partner and relationship. I've learned some of the signs, so I hope that by seeing others' mistakes in relationships, I'll be able to avoid some in my own in the future.

• I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. So much so that I wrote my comment in caps hah.

• Yes yes yes yes yes

• Nope I've never had that prob I always have been very social so that may be part of it.

• yeah, I don't date a heck of a lot so I guess you'd say I'm not a heavy participator

• yeah I have definitely felt that way

• Not right now, but I've been through a stage like that.

• Observer, but I kind of like it that way. I wouldn't trade my peace and quiet for the rollercoaster sh*t my friends deal with.

What Guys Said 6

• Observer.

MEGA. Observer.

• Like, okay.

If I was Megaman right, and I was fighting a boss named "Observer Man," literally, after I beat him and obtain his powers, I would essentially become my current state.

• Yup I hardly date and most of the time it's because I'm just not interested enough.

• i know I am for sure

• semi-participate, I got school to worry about nigga. Anyways lol, you got to put yourself out there, you got to be more ambitious.

• My dating life is non existant lol

• I end up here to avoid meeting people in general. Id Id like the opposite,