How valid is his excuse?

After 5 months of waiting for this guy (who I considered my friend/crush/we were on good terms) to text me, I finally pluck up the courage and send him a "Happy Thanksgiving".

(He didn't respond to the last message I sent him 5 months ago and so I was just waiting for him all this time, but then I just recently decided to take some kind of action.) After he sent me a "Who is this?" text and I told him it was me, he said he got a new phone. How valid is this excuse? Do people lose numbers simply by getting a new phone? He seemed kind of angry in his texts, like I would only text him during major holidays, but then, I'm not sure if he's being sincere or just giving me any excuse to not make the situation weird.

*He had my number. We texted for like 6 months (apart from hanging out in person). Then, it just stopped cold turkey.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes its an excuse but it is valid because he might have been angry with you and you had tried it after 5 months. You would have called him rather than messaging when he didn't responded to know what had happened 5 months back rather than thinking whether its an excuse and how valid it is. If you really want to talk to him...call him... he will surprised and happy in my opine.

What Guys Said 1

• Do you guys see each other on the regular. If not maybe he lost all his numbers. If you do see each other frequently then I call bs on his part.

What Girls Said 2

• Still a lame excuse..Texting for 6 months? If he wanted to have smtg with you, he'd have tried...

• If you 2 are friends, why didn't he ask for your number earlier? It's a lame excuse...