Second date no kiss?

So I'm not the most smooth dater LOL. But I have hit it off with a really nice guy. First date dinner over 4 hours of chatting. Hug good night was kind of awkward but cute. I could tell he was nervous. Second date was two weeks later, this past Sunday (We both have kids). Over eight hours...we went to a museum, dinner, and took a long walk. I thought he would try kissing me during walk, but he didn't. Or when he dropped me off. Another awkward hug. He texted me after he got home to say what a great time he had. And how I pick our next date. We have chatted here and there since the date (which was only a couple of days ago), though we both aren't communicating as often (but both busy with work/kids). I dunno, I'm just kind of new to all this. Is he definitely interested in me? He had mentioned I was the only one he met online that he was interested in and he seems to like me. But I don't know what to do next. Am I supposed to tell him where I want to go without him asking me out again? Since he mentioned it? Do I dare try to go for the kiss myself on 3rd date if he doesn't? Ahhh. LOL.

And sorry if I haven't friended anyone back here yet...I'm still kinda new to this site in terms of going on and not sure how it all works yet. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• There are no definite rules to dating. My one and only rule is be yourself and do what you want. Okay that's kind of two rules, but you get what I mean. If you want to go on a third date, start planning. If you want to kiss him on the third date, do it. He wants to go on a third date, that usually always means that he is into you. All your questions can be answered by my two rules, and things usually work out for the better. Besides, would you really want to be with him if he didn't like you for who you are.

What Guys Said 3

• Personally, I'd hold off on the kiss until after you become official.

Yes, you are supposed to tell him where you want to go. It's clear you two like each other, so by giving you the opportunity to decide what to do next, he wants to get a chance to experience what you really like.

• My last girlfriend was a semi-long distance. We would see each other on the weekends. I didn't kiss her until about 4 weeks into it. Definitely not the second date. Why, because I wanted to set the boundaries that we were exclusive. And I wanted to make sure my heart was in it, and I wanted to feel like hers was as well.

• You said that he was nervous with a hug. He was probably even more nervous about trying to bring on a kiss

What Girls Said 4

• if you really want him to kiss you, you could just flat out tell him. if your the more old-fashioned type of girl, you could google some tips on how to get him to kiss you. if he says that he is interested in you, I bet he will make some more plans soon, its just a matter of time. you could drop hints of where you want to go or mention your fav food or a movie you want to see. small things like that.

hope this helps

• Oh my god. That is the most beautiful thing I've ever read. Brilliant. that bit about setting boundaries and being exclusive!! Just beautiful.

• I had the same thing except I picked 2nd date. I met him online too.

If there's a 3rd date I'm not gonna try to make him kiss me again like I did the first caz he didn't get the hint

• I actually asked this kind of question a year or so ago, haha!

It took 5 dates to get my first kiss from a guy I dated. But it didn't happen and things progressed after that. So maybe he's new too, and maybe he doesn't want to seem like he's rushing. I'm not sure.

If you guys are having fun together and he's still saying he's into you, I'd just go with the flow and not worry about it :-)