Can drunk hookups become sober ones?

I've been hooking up with this guy for a bit, but the only time I see him is when we're both drunk. But sometimes I want the hookup without the alcohol-He drinks a lot more than I do and sometimes I feel like I need to do so just to hang out with him. And hooking up while he's drunk and I'm sober would be weird. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried asking him to hang out somewhere that doesn't have easy access to alcohol?

What Guys Said 1

• I agree with Hercules, it's probably a good idea to try proceeding as if you were trying to date him. That way, you could suggest a date that doesn't involve alcohol and see if there's a connection there while sober. If there is, then it can definitely turn into something on its own, outside of being drunk.

What Girls Said 1

• Drunk hookups can become sober hookups. But you have to ask yourself if you really want to be hooking up with him, if you only see him in an environment where there is alcohol involved... If I were you I would try to get to know him sober, first and then lead it into hooking up sober.