Should I tell him??

so here is my problem. my boyfriend and I just got back together about 3 1/2 months ago after we had been broken up for about 2 1/2 months. we previously were dating for a while before. the last time we went out he told me that he loved me and everything now I find out that he didn't mean it. he thought he loved me but didn't. he says that this time its going to take him a little while before he says it.

before we got together the first time he had been dating this girl for about a year. he was in love with her and he thought she was "the one". he says it is going to take him a while to love someone again.

last night I was with him and I almost told him that I love him cause I feel that I do. should I have told him or should I wait to tell him? if anyone has any advice please let me know any advice is good.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a position quite similar to yours. In my case I was the one who said I love you and took it back. In my case however, I took it back because my ex had been intimate with another guy and every time she told me she loved me I questioned it to the point where I wasn't sure how I felt. Perhaps in your cause something happened to make him change his mind. Try to find out why he said he didn't mean it. Instead of saying I love you! try telling him things like, I care a lot about you. And also show him rather then state it. If he just recently got out of a relationship and is questioning his love for you because of that. Expect that it will take him a bit to warm up to you. Just hang out with him often. One suggestion is to be friendly with him. Instead of always acting like a girlfriend act like a friend. Playful, caring, and awesome to just chill with. this will make him see how great you are and there will come a moment when you can say I love you... but in a playful way and then slowly make it more romantic. Don't make things too serious and corner him by telling him you love him. It might freak him out. In other words you don't have to wait to tell him you love him just don't make it seem as its an EPIC LOVE! Make it calm caring and a friendly "god your so cute I love you. *laugh*" and eventually when a moment feels right... Look him in the eyes and say it. Then a quick kiss and back to playful. That way he doesn't feel pressured to say it back. I hope I was helpful. Take care and don't worry it will be alright. Take it slow and enjoy your time with him. "Life is what's happening while your making plans." Don't think about how much you want to tell him you love him. Just love him while with him.

What Guys Said 1

• Here's a rule of thumb

When someone says I love you,they are just words.

If the person can back up the words with action

Than it means something more

It something how both men/women can be"SUCKERS"

When someone tells'em what they want to hear

What Girls Said 6

• I would wait unti lhe feels the same way. But waiting isn't a good solution either because what if you get let down because maybe even alter you might love him but he might not. If you have the patience to stay with this guy then you can and see what happens later. For now just see where it geos. Who knows anything can happen!

• I believe that you shouldn't tell him that you love him. Like they say that, you are the slave of your own words. You're not sure how he feels about you... then why make things awkward? I mean, if you can be just friends for now, it's amazing. You feel that you love him, but do you really? Instead of telling him how you feel, just be friendly and give him time to get over his past. Meanwhile, don't stop your life waiting around for him.Remember that you're life was complete before he came into your life, and trust me it'll always be complete whether he's there or not. Make him just a part of your life and not you're whole life.. I know how it feels... But trust me, at the end of the day, it's your self-respect that counts. Staying friends is the best option right now.. The fact that he trusts you and shares his feelings with you is important. He will eventually forget about his exes, but he won't forget about a good friend. Do you really want to rush things, go out with him, break up and be one of his exes that he'll forgot about in a few weeks? I don't think it's worth it... "Patience is the virtue" and remember, if it's meant to be, trust me, it'll happen no matter how bad things may seem right now... Good Luck! :)

• I say I love you when I mean it whether he said it or not.

• if you truly do, then say it. only say it if you totally mean it. and if he can't handle it, then he's not the one for you.

• I think that you should tell him that you love him but before you do, make sure that you mean it. If you do tell him you love him, make sure you don't pressure him to say it too.

• dnt tell him.dnt pressure him to tell u.let him tell you first.show him that you love him by actions.