Guys - Cologne question

I recently bought my first bottle of Blue De Chanel, but I'm basically clueless on how much to apply and where.

I usually have to wear a suit for work and I have my first date with a girl on Friday. So how much do I spray on and where? Are the rules the same for work and dates? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• On a date I would go lighter since if it goes well she's going to be very close. But it depends on when you apply it.

Directly to skin is better than clothes since it's supposed to mix with your natural smell, and your skin is warm.

I do one spray on my neck and find it to be enough. I want people to only smell it when I'm close... like a small surprise I guess. I don't like it when I can smell perfume on someone from a mile away. I've had people notice mine at a few feet, which is plenty.

You can ask a friend if it's too much / not enough but remember that people's noses and tastes are wildly different.

What Girls Said 2

• just one or two spritz around you neck and wrists, or spray into the air by your chest and walk into it

• I would say that the rule is the same for work and dates, because you want to smell good for work, and you want to smell even better for dates, but if you try to use more cologne for a date then you might smell WAY too strong and repulsive. Try just spraying it and walking through it and see if you can smell it on yourself without it being too strong.

What Guys Said 5

• Four quick blasts to the neck after shaving

• if its a spray, try spraying once into the air, then walking through the mist.

• I'm not sure how strong blue de channel is but I usually do 2 sprays on the neck, one on one wrist rub them both together, and 2 under my shirt so that it gets in both my shirt and on my skin

• I like to wear colones if they smells good, wear while working in fine, dating is fine too. in the evening is best time to wear it, cause the smell can make someone very hungry especially before meal time. apply as little as needed in the hands and around the neck. and that`s it.

• Just dab it around the neck and behind the ear. A little less than aftershave.