Did I wait too long to start dating?

I'm a 17 year old guy that has never had a girlfriend, kissed a girl, or had a girl kiss me. I have absolutely no dating experience. I'm going to college next year and most girls their will have had a few boyfriends and know what they want out of a relationship, and what a guy should say and do. I have know idea what that is. I don't even know how to tell if a girl likes me. Did I wait too long to date? And what do girls expect from a guy in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• For one my young friend, it's never too late and you are certainly not over that age. OK 17 is older but still in your teens.

Take things as they come, be assertive and confident. Learn as you go.

Generally almost every girl expects a guy who is confident, funny, assertive, chivalrous etc but there's no thumb rule to any of these.

Be yourself but be confident & assertive. Keep yourself well versed in GK & current affairs of various things related to your age, that will help ;)

What Girls Said 2

• Ok. No you did not wait too long. I'm on the same boat as you. The way I choose to think about it is: there has to be more people in college who are just like me and even if they aren't they'll understand why I took my sweet time to join the game if they actually took the time to get to know me. If not, well there's a billion people on this planet I don't have to settle for a total duchebag. The End.

• I had sex for the first time at 17, sometimes I wish I waited longer because I rushed it with a guy I didn't like very much, then I met the love of my life, but I wouldn't take anything back... just live your life and don't worry about being normal or fitting in.

What Guys Said 1

• No...no..man..you're okay. I didn't start dating seriously until I was 27! You're still a young pup. Women wan t a guy who's classy, has confidence, is trustworthy, and can show her kindness, respect and humor to name a few. In many cases they want a guy who's somewhat of a challenge...meaning you don't need to flood them with compliments, or tell them how crazy you are about them early in the relationship. Keep your feelings to yourself (have mystery) until she becomes your exclusive gf.