Are you willing to date a close friend?

Close = someone you either hang out with regularly, or at least talk to a lot, maybe even someone you can confide in when times are tough.

Would you date a close friend?

• Yes
  • No
'cause date or not there is a risk of losing friendship'

Agree or Disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• i dated a close friend before and we coupled and after we breakup we can nvr be friends again :/ its just a waste we have so much to talk to :/ since then I'm scared of dating close friend and then I have another close friend that I'm intersted in but I was scared of dating him because I don't want ruin our friendship but after years we just have nothing to talk like last time we still friend but not as close as we usually do as we talk everyday :( oh well

conclusion: I will date a close friend cause I don't think there is any harm :-) cause date or not there is a risk of losing friendship

What Girls Said 10

• Yes! I like the idea of knowing someone well before I decide to date and get a bit more serious. I don't think I'd ever date a "stranger" again. Made that mistake and it didn't go down well cause the further the relationship went on the more I realized we weren't compatible and this could have been avoided by being friends for longer.

• Yeah, I would date a close friend. I dated my best friend in high school and it ended up horribly. He cheated on me with another girl and dumped me on my 17th birthday. It's been two years and sometimes I still feel the need to ice the wound. However, later on I dated a guy who was not my friend (because I figured, dating my friends was a bad idea). I knew next to nothing about him when we got together and he turned out to be so wrong for me. Looking back, I wouldn't have stayed friends with the first guy even if we didn't go out because he changed so much. Going from a sweet, lovable, universally friendly guy to a stuck up jerk wasn't the fault of our relationship. So I am open to dating friends again. I know the risk involved and I would do it anyway. I like to know a person before I go out with him.

• My closest male friend asked me out a year or so ago. We've been dating ever since. So I'd have to say yes.

• I truly think that the best relationships are based in a deep friendship, and that if they end, they have a better chance at ending more positively or with friendship if they started that way. I always wanted to date that way, and to have a kind of Cory and Topanga kind of thing like from Boy Meets World. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work out that way for me.

• I have tried dating the close friend thing and it turned out to be a huge disaster. I have never experienced such heartbreak like that in my entire life. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• yeah my ex boyfriend was my best friend the only reason we broke up was because we has to deal with a long distance relationship for 2 years that was too long

• no, I've date a close friend who also haopd to be the sibling of another friend...never again! When it ends you'll always look like you're in the wrong because the sibling takes precedence. I've lost a few friends over dating a close friend

• Just an unnecessary added stress factor in my opinion. Most relationships end in break-ups and 'clean breaks'.

• 'cause date or not there is a risk of losing friendship'

Agree or Disagree?

• but isn't it more meaningful to be with a close friend than just with someone you met?

• I think both can be meaningful. The most meaningful relationships in my opinion are the ones that don't follow exact time lines and that are just naturally meaningful, not because you've been friends for ages, but because you naturally click.

• I would date a close friend. It would have to be a sure thing though like we were really compatible in my mind because I wouldn't want to chance ruining a friendship.

• Yes, at least I know him well and comfortable to him to make him my best friend.

But don't you think if something bad happened between us, that would ruin this cute valuable friendship?!

What Guys Said 10

• I'm currently dating my best friend. If you want to date, it can't be all about being in love, you have to remember the friends part of the relationship. If your girlfriend is not also your friend, then she'll just be your girl, which is where I see that many relationship fail.

If she's your best friend, the relationship will be better, because you always got something to do, whether it's love, or having fun together, playing games, talking about random stuff.

A combined BFF and lover is the best thing.

Unless you break up, then you'll not only lose your girlfriend, but also your best friend.

• Some of the best relationships start as a friendship.

• I would risk it. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't. Sometimes you can stay friends, and most of the time there's an awkward feeling, so you can't. It's a risk you have to take.

• I wouldn't.. if I'm friends and friends only with her there's a reason I didn't try for something more when we met. And that usually doesn't change

• I don't mind. Girls almost never would though. The hyper-fear of dating a friend zoned guy is usually too much for them

• The best relationships start out as friendships.

• I wouldn't date anyone else.

• Yes, and I'd probably be very happy to if they are REALLY close. I mean, it depends. I have close friends I don't wanna date, but ya. Would have to come up.

• No. They are friends for a reason. I can have a friendly and fun relationship with someone I am dating though.

• well, I have "friends" and there are some friends who are a bit different, maybe closer ones. But if girls are getting closer, friends still, but the different kind. Something can happen and it goes right getting "much" closer. There definitely is a possibility I might allow some nice girl to get clsoer to me even if I have known her for some time etc. There must be something that puts her off to make her always friend only. Or me - I want that girl, but none else.

As other girls pointed out, it just happens if you are attracted to her, doesn't matter it was friends only before.