Why do guys stop showing affection to their girl?

My boyfriend and I have been together now for 5 months. Everything is great except it seems like he's losing the interest of showing affection towards me. Me on the other hand I'm very affectionate with the kissing and stuff. But him it seems like I have to beg to get a kiss from him. I do as much as I can for him. I just want a little affectionate attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give it time, he's probably just going through some stuff right now.

What Guys Said 4

• I have suggested many people and will suggest you too when you feel there is no excitement in a relationship. Bring some freshness in a relationship. Come with a cool and attractive look that will make him excited for. For example if you do a lot of makeups don't do any make-ups, change your hairstyle and try to look attractive but act normal as always. Have some flowers in the room when he comes with you came out from a bath having a freshness. He will definitely going to be attracted towards you. Try to think what you did when you started this relationship. What you have missed.

Some new cells in the relationship is required.

• shes not talking about excitement. she's talking about affection., wen you love someone your affectonate-inless affection is not your thing but that's not about excitement or being horny.

• Affection not only arises by internal looks. From the statement it is clear that he is losing interest. So the first thing you want is to get his interest back. That you will only get by your outward appearances whether you call it excitement or being horny. If you show too much care it won't do much. So act different in such scenarios.

• he might be just bored of you, or he is getting lazy relationships are work bottom line if there is no effort no one cares

• It could be he feels if he shows you too much affection he will be labeled as a clinger.

• Because after the honeymoon period the excitement fades and you start behaving like your normal self.

The average relationship lasts for 3-5 months by the way.

• Don't listen to this person. There is no such thing as a time limited relationship.

• That's not what I said. I quoted a statistic that shows the mean length of a relationship is 3-5 months. Which coincides with when the initial excitement of a relationship fades. Some can't handle the jandal.

• Lamby: That's not what he's saying. He's describing (one of) the psychological stages in a relationship (which there is substantial evidence for).

What Girls Said 3

• spme people dont. some do. when you firts get together both pwople are affectionate because there's high attraction. after a while affectionate people are STILL affectionae., whislt people who were only affectionate because of high physical attraction setle down.

QA you gys are not compatable physically/ affectionatelt. if youee 'ok' with that. stay. but imo, you're settling. you should be with someonw who wants it as mu sso you don't feel needy.

just like if a person LOVES sex. it'd be stupid to say with someone who only wants it once a month.

if you are putting a lot into a relationship, you should get a lot back. BUT you can't change people. if he is not feeling it, he is not feeling it. but this is not because its just a normal phase. this is him, and this is u. you are very different.

if it was just a matter of the honeymoon period. youd BOTH be done wanting affection. its different needs uve got. a lot of people hold affection to be VERY important. many dont. find someone who does. he's not worthy of what you need. just like what you need is not worthy of what he needs.

no amount of favors will turn him into an affectionate person just like no amount of favors will make someone who doesn't love sex, love sex. you guys are who you r. its no ones 'fault;. though maybe next time, ask the person more about who they are in real life. not in courting life.

• I think it's all part of the chase, when they have you they kind of slow down on the affection.

• I think this is pretty normal. My boyfriend and I seemed to "settle down" a bit after about 8 months into our relationship. But that can be different for everyone. I really struggled with it at first, but I have come to realize that it all has to do with our level of comfort with each other. After a year and a half together, I just know that he loves me. He doesn't have to kiss me all the time, or take me out every weekend. We're just happy to be around each other... love isn't straight forward. Sometimes you have to carefully read between the lines. I wouldn't worry too much. Every relationship changes, and this is just part of the progress.

• shes talking about being affectionate for the sake if affection. not proof of love. if you want affection and your boyfriend does not. then the two of you have not settled down, he's just gone stale. thers a difference. but if you both no longer want much affection, than you're not answering her question. THEY did not grow out of affection. he did.

people can be together for 20 years and still be affectionate. that's about more than excitement and being horny.

• Wow. you think you know a lot, huh? Affection IS part of the excitement. I didn't say anything about being horny. Not to say my boyfriend never kisses me os never intimate, but it all changes. fact of the matter is, all the love dovey touching, etc. typically fades out. Have you ever been in love toulouse? I mean really in love? Because then you would get it.

• Now my relationship is stale? My ass. Just because we aren't a nasty "PDA" couple doesn't make us stale. We show affection in our own way.