Is this okay or is it wrong?

Is it okay for an almost 18 year old girl to date a 15 year old guy? He recently asked me out and I've been putting off answering him. I'm a senior in high school and he's a sophmore. Is there anything wrong with us dating? Would either of us get in trouble for dating?

• It's wrong. (If so, why?)
  • It's okay.
  • It doesn't matter.
  • Other. (Comment what and why?)
My 18th birthday is in February. His 16th isn't until May.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's wrong because he's too immature. Apologies for the regard of my gender but little boys are stupid. You need to date someone who is of your own age or slightly (1-3 years) older than you.

What Guys Said 2

• The first poster is correct. Boys are generally more immature than girls. From my own experience I, up until I was about 19/20 I typically dated girls younger than me (by a grade or two)...

that said there is nothing statute (legally) that says you can't. And you should certainly explore it if you like him, because you never know.

• Why would it be wrong? That's pretty stupid for anyone to think so. Only a 3 year age difference. I see no problem. Not like the 15 year old is any more immature than the almost 18 year old. You're both going to be immature for awhile.

What Girls Said 7

• Dont. when its time for college, he won't even register on your mind, and you'd waste time on a kid when you kind of need a man.

-love Sosa

• At your age, dating is fine, but it would only become a concern if things got intimate between you.

• I don't mean to be rude but it is wrong. You are a adult who should be looking into college and a job while he is trying to get through high school and prepare to be a adult. you guys have total different maturity levels. I always tend to fall for younger guys who are like 2-3 years younger always regret it because I am more mature more stabled in life they are all about fun living life cause they are young! find someone your age save yourself the stress and problems

• That's wrong and it's iligeal in most states in the U.S.

I'm not trying to be mean but I truly think that the age difference is to big.

• Its pretty lame on your part, like this is the best you could do,a guy who's not even old enough to legally drive

• I don't see a problem with it as long as you are not breaking any laws. I don't know what the age of consent is where you are but to be safe don't have sex with him for a couple years at least. My co-worker is 17 and his girlfriend is 19.

• I am 19. My boyfriend is 17. Our age difference is the same as yours. However, he asked when he was 16. If you two were to have sex, you would be charged with rape. Also, when you turn 18, and he's 16, even if he's at the age of consent, you're the adult so it'd be rape.

But as long as you two don't do anything bad, I don't really see the issue.