How should I go about kissing my boyfriend for the first time?

So, my boyfriend and I have been going out for about 4 months now, but we've known and liked each other for much longer than that. All we have done so far is hugging, caressing, holding holds, etc. and I've kissed him on the cheek area a few times, but it's really hard to get to that next step of actually kissing him on the lips.

I've never actually kissed a guy before and I'm really nervous and scared to since it's all new to me and since I'm afraid that kissing him will lead to more than that. I'm 17 and he's 21, so that's partially a concern involved because, like I said, kissing tends to lead to other things, and I don't plant to have sex anytime soon. Anyway, let me know what advice the more experienced people in this area may have to offer.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's no big deal. If it's your first kiss just give him a light peck. I wouldn't worry about a kiss leading him to want more. He's a guy and with all do respect, he's counting down the days. However, he's lasted 4months and not even received a kiss, so I'm guessing this guy's not going to flinch at the idea of waiting how ever long it takes for you to progress it further.

My advice... Get him alone. Wait for a moment when your both nice and close. Then quickly get it over with before you retreat into your head and start talking yourself down.

• Yeah, I realize all of that, and I have so much respect for him for being as patient as he is. We've talked about it and he's asked when am I going to let him kiss me a few times, but I've been kind of annoyed about it and basically letting him know "when I damn well please." Lol. Not that harshly, though. I dunno, I'm just such an analytical person and eighty percent of my heart is actually my brain, unfortunately. And we're alone most of the time, so there's pretty much nothing standing in the

• Agreed. I'm just going to have to tough it out with my emotions and lay it on him, I guess. I'm not scared of being "bad" at kissing or anything, just that it will make us both want more...and I don't want that to happen just yet. Oh well, if we've come this far, I don't think control is the issue. I trust myself with that part, anyway.

• Then all you're missing now is your courage. Go find it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0