Would you date someone or not based on the fact they believed in ghosts?

Would you date someone or refuse to date someone based only on the fact that they believed in ghost or not? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes beacuse its there beliefs. and if you really like them you shouldn let it stand the way

• So if your boyfriend hid under the covers every night... it would be okay?

• I can just imagine going out to see a scary movie with a guy and after you get home you get a phone call... "Can I come sleep with you?"

• I would probally laugh but I'll rememeber the time I was scared and slept with all the lights on

What Guys Said 4

• I would prefer a woman who believes in ghosts. That way, if we ever get trapped in a haunted mansion, she will freak out first (I don't believe in ghosts) and the ghosts will chase after her while I escape to safety...she was a sweet girl. ill miss her. lmao. this was a very fun question. - j

• IMHO smart people don't believe in ghosts link

• Some smart people do... some smart people don't. Some people believe in energies... it's a complex question which is why I asked.

• "streetsmart" people, I suppose.

• In college we discussed the question a lot... energy, life, death, and everything in between, and it seemed very split... 50/50. Some claimed to have experienced something, some have been told by trusted people of experiences, some would never believe, and some wanted proof... It seems that it covers most of society.

• If a person's beliefs affect how they live their life, then perhaps it may need consideration. There are many people who are supersticious, believe in aliens and ufos, have various OCDs, and an assortment of other things going on in their heads. It doesn't make them nuts.

• I think I would agree... there could be disagreements or distrust due to difference in beliefs.

• I'm dating a Christian so basically, yes.

• So if you didn't believe in the holy ghost...

• Not because she believed that, but because it influenced her life in a way I couldn't live with.

• I am dating her so I respect her own beliefs but believing in ghosts/believing in God, to me it's the same thing.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I would date someone who believed in ghost considering I have had freaky supernatural experiences myself. My best friend use to live in a old funeral home and crazy ass shit would happen all the time. I mean pictures would fall off the walls, the radio would turn on in the middle of the night, you could hear people walking up and down the steps when everyone was asleep. I have had lots of experiences with ghost so it would bother me at all. People who don't believe never experience anything because they are close minded. Kinda like God, do you have to see him to believe he exist? Do we always need proof of everything? Spirits are just energies of people yet to cross over, if you believe in afterlife or heaven, why is it so hard to believe in ghost? I don't know I wouldn't refuse to date anyone based on any beliefs they had as long as they could respect mine if they are different than theirs. I like when people have passion about something, anything...it is better then someone going through life nevering giving a shit. Sorry for going off on a tangent but you get the picture. lol

• I think I would have to agree... we had stuff (pop cans, Tupperware lids) fly around our old house like it was nothing... and no matter who was there. One time it hit my male older cousin in the head... and he began avoiding my kitchen... as most of the activity took place upstairs. It happened in front of an ex. My cabinet door opened slowly, and the lid was in the back against the back wall... well it turned sideways and flew up off the bottom shelf, not down. Everyone looked and laughed.

• Haha no! that would be weird-if someone refused to date someone because of their belief in ghosts lol.

• Yes... but what if you actually saw something... and your soon to be husband never believed you... would that be a trust issue?

• There are... and I was curious on if how strongly someone believes in something influences the people they choose... or if it is more of the person themselves.

• Well I think of religious beliefs as something totally different to believing in ghosts, other people might think they connect. But obviously, lots of people wouldn't consider dating someone who had different religious beliefs but I think believing in ghosts isn't as important as religion.

• No, they are entitled to their own opinion.

• True... but if the opinions are complete opposites...

• There really are people who replace (part of) personnality by a collection of beliefs.

• I don't think believing or not believing in ghost is significant enough.

• I would stil date