Have you ever actually dated someone who lacked confidence?

or had very little confidence? was it really that bad if so?

Describe the experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have and for me whatever the relationship is (romantic, friendship, family...) the person just isn't fun to be around when they are always down on themselves.

"How you carry yourself is how you are perceived."

EVERYONE has their problems and insecurities but when someone focus on those things that's what people remember. Instead people need to be more positive about themselves and show others what they do have to offer, not what they lack.

But this is just my opinion and I prefer to be around (especially date) people who are happy with themselves and happy with life overall. Change the things that you are able to, and let the things out of your control go.

If it was simply just lack of confidence in themselves and not a person who is always down on themselves I guess I would try my best to help them feel confident but its a personal choice how you feel about yourself.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe in a former life.

• everyone lacks confidence to some extent. A solid relationship can build confidence.

• Yes he was kind of a jerk. He would say derogatory things to me like "you have big feet" or "your legs aren't that nice". This is why relationship gurus tell you that you shouldn't date until you first love yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. It gets very exhausting when someone constantly looks to you for reassurance that there not fat. Or always wants you to build up there self esteem. I wouldn't do it again. too much of a headache.

• Yes. She was always constantly questioning why I was with her, I could do better. Every compliment I paid her, she accused me of lying, and every time I had anything to do with another woman, she accused me of fancying her, or her fancying me.

It was a total pain. Never again.