Guys do you slightly lower your standards for wifey/dating material?

Hai guys! I have another fun/shallow question for you guys... would you rather marry a 7-9 or are you strictly wanting a 10?

link

Thanks for your answers:)

• I'm looking for a dime
  • I prefer someone who isn't a 10
  • I'll take what I can get.
Maybe I should change the question. . . when looking for a potential a partner would you prefer they be a 10 or a 7-9 or a 6 and under? The relationship isn't solely based on their appearance, this is just asking if you have a preference.
Thanks for all ya'll response! personally I would like some the same number as me but it doesn't really matter. the number rating system is stupid anyways. does anyone feel like rating this question? lol

Most Helpful Guy

• One man's trash is another man's treasure. What I see a 10, might be a 5 to another man. And that man's 10 could be a 3 in my book. It is way too subjective.

But yes, if I deem her a good girlfriend material, I might be reasonably flexible with my standards.

What Guys Said 20

• Generally speaking men have higher physical standards for a wife then for a hookup partner.

However in both cases they don't expect a 10, they just reach as high as they can.

A hookup partner has to be the hottest girl he can get that evening. He's only forgoing other women for a few hours. A wife, you're committing to only her - she better be worth it.

Generally men with decent jobs, its actually easier to get relationships then casual sex, you can actually go after 'better' women for a serious relationship.

Works the other way for women. A -fairly- attractive woman has a chance to hookup with high profile guys who she'd never be able to date let alone marry.

• Honestly, I think I'm attracted to 60% of the women I see around my age, but yeah, 10s would be automatically filed under "you will never have a chance with her because she can easily get a much more attractive guy". I will not rule out trying for her, though, since it would be like vowing to never play the lottery again.

I would marry whoever loved me the most under the conditions that: a) I find her attractive or at least plain, and b) she has an enjoyable personality. If she turns out somewhat obese (not too much though!), I would hope she goes to the gym with me to lose weight while I try to gain.

However, it is worth noting that I actually have a friend who targets girls who look like they have low self-esteems because he feels he wouldn't be able to get much better anyway. Maybe people who look for 10s have super high opinions of themselves? I guess I certainly do not.

• Physical attraction and attraction to personality is what makes the deal, but mostly personality. A girl I might think as a 6 based on physical appearance, but has the personality that amazes me and love would automatically make her a 9 or a 10.

Matter of fact, I found a girl who I think is a 6 or 7 based on appearance, but her personality automatically made her a 10 in my book!

• If it's a actual relationship? I do the opposite of lowering my standards, especially if its WIFE talk here. Now, I do try and look past the looks in the sense that I need to like the girl if I want to spend a lot of time with her. But when it come to a potential wife or even girl friend I don't settle.

• a solid 7 is perfect.

• It really doesn't matter to me. The only thing that matters is if I'm attracted to the girl or not.

• I wouldn't choose a partner from their looks alone. If I'm going to be with someone for a long time, I need to like more than just how they look.

• Yeah that's how most people feel, but strictly talking about preference.Would you prefer a 10 over a 7?

• No preference because it really comes down to the person.

• I don't do that 1-10 scale bs lol

• Looking for a good looking girl who is still classy and smart. I don't believe in the rating system since beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• honestly, like one of the options suggest, I'll take whatever I can get. I mean I don't wanna marry a very ugly girl because I still wanna go out and stuff lol but 5 is fine with me. as long as we become best friends during our relationship.

• It's not about lowering standards. A one night stand is all about looks - that's all it can be as you don't know each other.

When looking for a serious relationship , who she is us WAY more important than what she looks like.

• I'd like it if she could change from a 7 -10 at will. If she can I'd ignore her if she looked like a 4 or 5 on certain days. Good personality makes it allot better

• Of course.

Demand a 10 and you'll never get anything.

Though that is of course preferable.

• I guess if you keep looking to find a 10 you will never get married.

• hey, I think you are looking for another question that's related to your original one. you're worried about your own "number" and if someone could ever decide to want you as long term.. ?

• eh not really, that video inspired my question.

• well, no I think you're not admitting the root of your question. wheres this thinking coming from? its not "just a song", there's always a deeper reason to questions based on your "number"

• haha what? did you watch the video? cause its not a song. its comedian talking about how 10's should not be what men are looking for. yeah you need to get your facts straight before you start assuming stuff.

• 7-9, the guys that say they want a 10 are lying.. its just a fantasy and they never dated any of the psychos yet

• A 10 would be a lot more likely to cheat and stay with just one person there whole life when they can have others. And a relationship based on looks alone mostly is unlikely to last a lifetime.

• i found a girl I think is the most hot and sexy girl to ever live, don't settle that's sh*t

• If I love her.. she will be 10 :)

Voted for B

• I believe I'm so damn ugly a blind woman wouldn't date me.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know dude, but that video was hilarious.

• It's wierd, for me a 10 is someone else's 6...I'm more attracted to nerds...NOT the steriotypical nerd type, ew...more like Dr Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds or I can't think of any other examples...completely melted after thinking of Reid :P but that kind of guy...while most girls like the tanned Abercrombie and Fitch models...no not me. I don't know if that's just me or what :P

• Life is short. You shouldn't ever settle for someone you can't love with your whole heart. But at the same time, no one's perfect. You might not ever find the person who meets your entire "walking checklist", but you might find a few who come mighty close to it. I think you just need to weigh what they're missing, how important those things are to you, and how great the things that you do like about them are.

• All the guys I have dated have used me for sex and just walked away and I'm 7 at best :-( I get seen as the goodtime girl and nothing more which is why I don't bother dating anymore.

• I like ugly guys.