She doesn't want to date me, yet continues to say good things about me to my face unsolicited

She used to compliment and flirt with me a lot, so I asked her out. From her behavior and response she was reluctant, but eventually agreed. The date was awkward because I knew that she wasn't that into me. After the date, we barely made eye contact and barely talked.

A couple months after the date, I made small talk with her since we were the only two around. Again, she complimented me (these compliments usually have to do with my sense of humor... and they're completely unprompted and unsolicited). She'll also say stuff like "I'd miss you if you weren't around" and things to that effect.

It's been more than three months since the date and I don't know if she even remembers that whole time. I seem to be a very tangential part of her life.

Why does she do this if she doesn't want to date me? That stuff is the reason I fell for her in the first place and now that it's clear she doesn't feel the same, why keep doing it?

What Girls Said 1

• She's just teasing

What Guys Said 0