On a dating site, are you more or less likely to message someone who is online right now?

Like, the user is currently online. You more or less likely to message them or reply to their message?

• More Likely
  • Less Likely
  • Doesn't Matter

Most Helpful Girl

• Less likely

It's more nerve wrecking

What Girls Said 4

• It honestly wouldn't make much of a difference to me. If I want to write to the person, I'll do it whether I know they're online or not.

• I'm cool with messaging while that person is online as long as the website doesn't tell me when they read the message then they don't reply ha ha ..

• I would chat whenever if I was interested.

• It really depends on the person -- their profile, their potential, whether you've messaged them before...

What Guys Said 2

• I would not like to use a dating site but if I did I would be a little hesitant to get into a full conversation with someone I don't know and would like a small delay on the first few messages.

• his question was more likely directed at women. You say "hesitant" like it would be an actual option or something. The guy:girl ratio on dating sites is like 1000:1. So, your chances of having any conversation with a girl on a dating site is pretty much zero - there really isn't going to be anything for a guy to be hesitant about.

Girls, however, likely get 100 messages per hour or so, to which no one could respond to all. So he's asking if they would more likely respond to someone online.

• Hmmm determines the type of site you use. Obviously you're going to find mostly guys on a hookup type site. If its something like eharmony your choices are limited more because of the whole matching thing.

• Less likely. There probably too busy chatting with 10 thousand other guys at the moment.