Two great dates, plans for a third...then NOTHING? WTH??

So confused. I guess I have to get used to online dating. Maybe it's not for me. OK, so I had a great first two dates with this guy. We have a ton in common. First date lasted over 4 hours...was dinner date, we closed the restaurant. Awkward hug at end of night...he seemed nervous. Texted me right away when I got home to say what a great time he had. We made plans for second date a few days later. That date lasted over 8 hours...show, dinner, walk really great. End of night said I should pick our third date...longer hug, I think he choked Because he didn't kiss me. But it was sweet. And we talked all last week...he would contact me and let me know what was going on. Was stressed at work as a major mistake was made in his group and he had to fix it. Then he had his kids over the past weekend. On Friday night he texted me to tell me he was going to watch a movie with his kids and would talk to me next day. I said have great time with the kids and look ttyt. And that's the story LOL. Nothing else. Haven't heard from him since. It's been four days. What happened? I don't get it. I mean obviously he suddenly isn't interested anymore, but what happened to manners and sending a quick even text saying later? We talked a solid month and started to make plans for third date...I don't think it's a lot to ask for a text. But anyway. I dunno. LOL. Maybe online dating isn't for me. Oh and to be clear I didn't contact him over weekend as I knew he had his kids and I figured he would text or call when less busy. But that text/call never came obviously...

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many things that could have happened.

Perhaps he has just been really busy? Or maybe he met someone else? It could even be that him and the mother of his kids are talking again and now he is shifting his focus back onto her.

Either way it's hard to know what exactly is going on here. I wouldn't give up right away. Too many people give up on online dating because of stuff like this. Really this could happen in regular meetings too. It's just a part of dating in general. Sometimes people either lose interest or move on to other people and you have to move on and find someone new. It sucks, but at least you two weren't dating for longer or it could be even worse.

This guy had kids, and perhaps he wasn't quite ready for anything yet. Having kids makes things more complicated. I would call him, and see what's up. If he is truly not interested, let it go. At least then you have a chance to meet someone really great who appreciates you!

It took me 8 months to meet my boyfriend online. But I'm glad I found him. We've been together for 2 years now.

Have fun, and keep busy. Finding someone takes time. Online dating can be a useful tool to open you up to people you wouldn't meet otherwise. It doesn't have to be the only way to meet people, but it can help.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, it's possible he met someone else or something, but... why don't *you* contact him? It doesn't have to be an act of desperation or anything. Just "Hey! Haven't heard from you in a bit. Are you still interested in going on another date?" Then he'll do one of three things: explain why he's been out of touch and apologize, break things off (hopefully with an explanation), or not respond. If it's either of the last two, then you know to just move on. If this guy had a great time with you, you must be fun and attractive, so you'll find someone else to hit it off with. Hope things work out!

• Probably met someone else