What do you think about people who do online dating?

People who do online dating, are they pathetic people who just can't find someone on their own? I am not saying that this is what I think, I am asking what you think.

would you or wouldn't you join online dating sites why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• The girls:

- Generally lacking social skills, as the flirty types in real life usually aren't short of boyfriends or offers for dates.

- Outrageously over-picky when it comes to a "check list" of qualifications in a guy. Short of really tall, wealthy, hot and funny, most girls filter most guys out online, even if they are respectful and not asking for titty pictures.

- Often single moms or girls with STD's

The guys:

- Anti-social or lacking skills with women, or just normal guys who are too busy to flirt all the time.

- Lots of decent, if average looking, average earning guys online, but most women don't want average so they are ignored.

- Lots of perverts who will just send crappy messages to girls and spam away, because they know it is a huge numbers game that favors girls.

In short, online dating is the route most people take after everything else has failed, or they have lots of other issues they aren't be honest with themselves and trying to improve. Most guys give up quickly, and the girls often stay on the site for years at a time because of their unreasonable and unattainable standards in men.

• So if a girl don't fit any of them then why would she turn to online dating? would you think she was pathetic for doing so I am not shy by any means, an very flirty an don't have trouble finding dates, but a actual boyfriend is something diffrent. I am not too picky, have no stds are any children. and am thinking about joining this online dating site, to help find someone that could be more than just a date. guys I know already are not someone I want to be in a relationship with so would I be pathetic

• I can't send you a private message, as you made your question anonymous. If you un-check it, I'll message you.

What Guys Said 5

• A lot of girls I've come across on online dating sites are gorgoeous, and seem to have a lot going for them, a lot of them look like the modern day stereo-typical 'popular' young adult. Loads of younguns too, they're not all old enough to be my parents. Y'know actually I've come across countless girls aged 18 to 25 like.

People who have such misconceptions about online dating are misinformed on an epic scale.

• so then you would say that girls on online dating sites are not pathetic lol..

• Yes that is what I would say. I don't understand why anyone would think online dating is pathetic... especially since sites like Facebook are so lauded over. If somebody loves Facebook but thinks online dating is pathetic then they're kind of an idiot. If they love internet p*rnography but think online dating is pathetic then they're a complete and utter mororn. What I'm saying is that the internet is handy, and has some real advantages and disadvantages alike, and there are real things to

• worry about on the internet that actually ARE pathetic and horrible even. Online dating is just... a good idea, which you either like or you don't. It's no more pathetic than people going to bars to 'hookup' or speed dating, it's not pathetic even it's just a good idea which everyone should simply either take it or leave it. It's not pathetic though.

• I use a dating site. I initially joined because I was having trouble finding women with the same interests as me. I'd consider myself to be a pretty decent-looking guy (especially after I lost a whole bunch of weight in Europe this past year). The problem is that, unless you're living in a large city, online dating is virtually useless and, for a metalhead like myself, is about as ineffective as walking into any of the Top 40 bars in this town and expecting to find a girl who can hold a conversation about progressive rock.

I've had some interesting experiences with online dating. A few women sounded great, but were flaky or worse. One broke up with me via text message, and that wasn't the first time she's done that to someone. Another cheated on me with a guy twice her age and dyed her hair blue because I went home to see my parents for a few days after my sublease ran out before I could move into my new place. I'm currently seeing someone I met online who got out of a 5-year relationship, but I have no idea what she wants in the long-term (which is what I'm most concerned about) because she's just that shy.

• Pathetic loser like behavior is what I think of it.

Not too different from losers who go for mail order brides. .

• Most women who are on online dating are former girls who have slept around a lot and are now trying to sucker some guy into being their boyfriend. There are are very few quality women online, or guys for that matter. The guys know what the game is and are mostly out there because they know online girls have a past history of putting out quickly. Online dating is where used up girls go to get further used up before their looks completely fade.

• Nothing, really. If they are able to find someone to date and eventually love that will love them back, they've ultimately won, haven't they? Well, unless it ends in bitter divorce. That clearly has nothing to do with meeting online though.

What Girls Said 7

• Online relationships are stupid and suck! I learned the hard way. Ugh I did an online relationship and when we later met he was NOTHING like how he depicted himself...ugh I won't even get into it...and it got confusing and horrible. Total waste of my time! Good riddance! I really cared about him until more and more I learned when we dated in person that he was a flake, confused, stuck on himself, a liar, jealous, close minded, aloof, critical, arrogant, self-victimized, stuck in his own head and all drama. It was awful!

HOWEVER, I MET my current boyfriend on a dating site because even when I go to clubs and get numbers I don't run into anyone my really my type. I'm a nerd at heart, and while I socialize fine in person and exchange numbers, I never meet anyone my actual 'type' in that scene. I signed up for Plenty of Fish, which I'd tried once before and met guys there and went on a date and even met some friends...I wasn't impressed. So, I decided...I'd use it differently and instead use it to make new people and use it to be more social in general. After going on a couple of dates I met the guy who is now my boyfriend. We hit it off and our relationship developed very naturally and within the week we decide to make it 'official' and be a couple. He has been by far, outside of my som, the best thing that has ever happened to me. We have a great relationship that just...works. No drama, no trust issues, no reasons for them, same views...it builds each day because the more we know each other the happier we are.

So, to MEET people to go on dates with, it's great because you meet people you can build a legitimate relationship with ...to date online prolongedly from a distance...no way. That screams "I can't hold a healthy day to day relationship in person and have to hide behind an online persona to keep a relationship.."

I'm not saying it's ALWAYS the case, but...I definitely recommend developing feelings based on real day to day experience instead of a bunch of talk of how things are...this way, you know how things REALLY are based on YOUR experience with them.

• What's different between meeting someone online and someone at say a grocery store?

Just another way to meet people

• Difference

• yea but I actually worry what people I care about think... what if an ex seen it, they would think that I just couldn't find someone.. lol

• QA-you worry too much about what other people think

You might be missing a lot because of this

• I don't think they are pathetic at all, in-fact if anything I somewhat admire them because they can fall for someone based solely on who that person is, rather than things which are made to seem more important than they really are (looks, ethnicity, things like that etc).

It's not something that I can do personally, but if someone can find the person they love online, then I say good for them.

• When I imagine online daters, these are the types of people I think of (not saying this is everyone, but it seems to apply to most people who are on dating sites):

1. People looking for easy sex.

2. People who can't find anyone in real life. Not necessarily "pathetic". But maybe kinda dorky, lol.

3. Weirdos.

My mom used to do a lot of online dating. This is the impression I get from the guys I've met that she went out with. About 7/10 times, this is usually the kind of guys she'd end up with. There were some exceptions. Not many, though.

• if your looking for easy sex, wouldn't a local bar be easier? Is your mom dorky, or weird? and did she find anyone who was worth finding?

• And no, it wouldn't really be easier to go to a bar. When you're at a bar, you have to interact face to face. Dating sites that that whole face to face element out of the equation, and make you feel bolder.

• lol.. I was just wondering.

• I understand why some people think it's weird or pathetic or even dangerous, because of the few cases that went badly and were highly publicized. But overall, I think online dating is a great way for people who are more shy or are too busy to go out to meet new people, whether it be for dating or just for friendship.

• My friend's father met and married a woman from an on-line dating site.

In my opinion it doesn't matter how one person finds the other person as long as they do find each other.

For me personally I would not join because I think it's too much work, it actually can take a lot of time. I figure I have better odds haphazardly meeting people.

• I think for older people who don't want to do other types of dating it works.

• People who are saying that online dating is pathetic don't know what the hell they're talking about. I live in New York City and everyone I know has a dating account. It's a great way to meet people who have the same interests as you. Sure there are some weird people out there but there are also some cool people looking for actual relationships. You just have to know how to judge someone well. I met my last boyfriend of one year on there.