Disgusting Black Women Stereotype :/

Hello people, just wanted some opinions on a particular topic that has gotten me very pissed. I'm a black woman and recently had a white guy friend who I was seeing and felt as if we could go beyond friendship to the next level. But he pissed me off when he asked why I liked white guys.. before I could even respond he said" Because they have money." Trust me I was so f***ing pissed that I haven't contacted him back. First of all I like all races, I date who I'm comfortable with & was going to say personality wise, white guys seem to be more understanding and romantic so that's what attracts me to them. But seriously saying that I date them because they have money, just gets me so f***ing f***ing pissed and real annoyed. I'm so independent, got by first job at age 16 & I'm now 20. I have my own apartment & NO my parents or anybody else ain't paying my rent, I AM. I work full-time. I work hard and enjoy my work, being independent teaches you responsibility and there's nothing better than being responsible. It's just sad how black women can be stereotyped this way as gold-diggers. Not everyone's the same you know! I just wanted to get the public's perceptive on this topic. What do you think? I work hard for what I want.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not just black women that are pinned with that. Pretty much any girl that isn't white dating a white guy gets that label except it's usually not thrown on the girl by a white guy. Hell, if a white girl only dates white guys, sometimes people say things about her too.

That's really odd. He must have had past issues or something.

• Well and that's interesting because I dated an Arab guy who's ex was a gold digging white girl who used him for sex and money.

I know another white girl who dated an Arab guy that she wasn't even into, yet knew he had a sh*t load of money and could pay her court bills.

• Similar things to what?

• Stereotyping in a similar manner to all of this.

What Guys Said 16

• Generally not something that comes to mind when I think of black women. I've come across far more gold digging white broads.

• The guy is an idiot. For me, color of skin is nothing. Each girl has its own personality, and that's all that matters.

• To be fair, it's not just black women who are gold diggers. I don't think that black women are stereotyped as gold diggers. They are stereotyped as other things, but that's another conversation. The guy was in the wrong. Pure and simple, he should apologize. It probably wasn't a comment he made out of spite but still it was rude. I'm a black guy with a lot of friends of different ethnicities. From experience, white people can say things that are rude with realizing that they are overstepping. I've learned that. I even had one friend tell me that I wasn't really "black" since I have an education and am gainfully employed, I'm not "ghetto". Its ignorant. I think that this just comes with the territory of being from America. Its a country with a racist history, there are still some effects of that racist history being felt today. But, black women are not gold-diggers, they do not have a monoply on gold digging. I know plenty of white, Hispanic, asian, and Indian gold diggers. A gold digger is a type of woman, she can be of any race.

• Yeah, this is why I stay away from white man romantically. They can't be trusted fully. You never know when they're gonna slip up and make an offensive ass comment or joke.

• Wow what an ass...That is awful. there is no race specifically pre-programmed to seek out money. That is a personality thing

I like you am black and have dated mostly white women. I'm lucky no one has every said any of those types of racist prejudicial things to me. And lets be clear that is a racist thing to say no doubt...And really why is he asking that question to begin with. It seems clear that he has some issues with race relations.

Mostly what we can do is commend you for being the bigger person. If he is a friend maybe you should talk to him, explain to him how what he said (whether serious or joking) is extremely offensive.

• I think you took him a little too seriously. And get offended way too much and way too dramatically. At this point, I don't think you have to worry about him. He's probably scared of you now.

Before biting the next man's head off, I'd suggest making extra sure of his intent, and that you heard him right. I've had some ladies up at college who were out looking for a fight, and one gal one time invited herself in on a conversation I had with someone else. She immediately began twisting my words, as well as putting other words in my mouth I didn't say, just so she'd have something to fight over.

They say it only takes one to create a stereotype. I've had more than one encounter. I would contest the notion that all black women assume all white men have money. But on certain college campuses, they are taught to hate white men regardless. Since I'm a WASP by birth, they automatically assume they can blame me for everything but the common cold. When I fire back by giving my family's actual history, they plug their ears and act really immature.

In my experience, not a single black girl will date me. But the skinny ones seem to be the most tolerant. The chubby ones take one look at me and start looking for a fight. Often, with little to no explanation. It gets especially bad when they call over their gay activist buddies to join in the argument, even if the original conversation has nothing to do with them.

And then again, when I insist that the conversation doesn't concern them, they make it about them, just so they can watch me be cornered.

And don't feel alone on the gold digger stereotype. My friends in the Philippines have been stereotyped that way by certain members of my own family, making anything beyond casual chat into a sticky situation where I feel like I was made the ambassador without prior warning.

Sadly, some of those girls have chosen to go behind other girls' backs and reinforce the stereotype, defeating all the work I've done to clear their names.

• To a degree it is normal for girls to care that their guy is able to provide for he potential offspring, and to be programmed to test his ability to do so - but TO A DEGREE

Stereotypes wise, it is a relative numbers game. as in, likely very far from all Korean dudes have small d***s but statistically they are close enough to the bottom to get jokes at their expense in some circles. Same with Asian girls and driving or even being a safe pedestrian. Jews and greed / money thing. Russians and vodka. It seems everyone's down for something. That's just the planet we live on. I say don't let it get to you, enjoy the fact that you are better than most, and have fun.

• I've dated black women and never ran into a gold digger. What kills me is the fact people seem to equate skin color with "hiphop culture". I care not a bit about the first one, but I'm not a huge fan of the second one. That said, it doesn't matter much either. No more than any other cultural difference would.

A good woman is a good woman. None of the rest matters.

• Don't sweat him or his behavior. He was goofing. Insensitively, but goofing nonetheless. He was probably really into you, you probably made him nervous and he tried humour to take the edge he was feeling off, and it backfired. We could all tone it down some.

• LOL you picked the wrong guy. Woman you can tell him you see in "white guys" what he doesn't have. It has nothing to do with the rest of us it was how he was raised. I'm sure he has a ugly stereotype for everyone, including himself. Watch your socks your gonna find that right guy and he is will knock them right off! (And he will be your favorite color, HOT!)

• hello there

i can see both sides of the argument. there are a number of possibilities. one a friend of his was destroyed in a divorce involving a black woman and as a result he no longer trusts black women. two a friend of his was destroyed in a divorce involving a woman and as a result he no longer trusts any women. personally speaking and this is not meant to be offensive so please don't take it as such I avoid all contact with people because of the horror stories I have heard. can you imagine if you married a guy and one day he decided he no longer wanted to live with you and he applied to the court for a divorce. and the judge ordered you to pay half the value of your apartment which you have worked so hard for over to him. and what if you could not come up with the money you would be forced to sell that lovely apartment that you worked so hard for and hand him half the money. so in end you are left out on the street. this is the reality for males all over the western world. it is something that you as a property owner should be aware of before you engage in a relationship. in saying that you are right it is not a nice thing to say to anyone male female or otherwise. however whilst I do not hate women per se I can never trust them and will be dying alone due to the above situation. I hope this goes some way to explaining things

• I've honestly never even heared of black women being stereotyped as gold diggers. I've heard this about Asian women though.

I'd say Its pretty ignorant. Not something nice to say at all

• My honest impression is that a lot of black women are quite hard working and might actually appreciate my income which also comes from hard work. Most white women seem to just act like I was lucky that the job I happened to pick paid more then their glorified hobby.

Black women seem to like my income. White women have a really high bar for income and then act blasé about guys meeting it.

I'd rather have some appreciation.

• "ain't."

I'm sorry, but right there you show a bit of the stereotype following black women, as being less educated. It's the same stereotype for hicks and rednecks who say things like "ain't paying my rent" and such.

Though honestly, I haven't heard a stereotype about black women being gold diggers. I've heard from black guys that they're annoying and loud and bossy and sleep around, but never heard gold diggers.

In all fairness, if blacks in America want to beat the stereotypes, they need to stop having so many children out of wedlock, get off welfare, stop committing such a high percent of crime, and become better citizens. Basically, if they want to beat stereotypes? Stop proving they are true!

• Erm no, what you're saying is wrong and racist... Not to mention most of America's welfare goes to redneck hillbillies. Chris rock made a piece on this in the 90s its called Black people vs N word. I suggest watching it you can find it on YouTube. Some of your points are valid just don't categorize all black people in it cause white people f*** up just as bad.

• did you watch it? its not aupoosed to be humorous its supossed to add the touch to your perception

• No. When it comes to things like this, I prefer to keep relevant readings to more reliable sources. Such as this website, a government health website for women. link According to this source, the stereotype of black women being overweight is based on the fact that 4/5 black women are overweight or obese in the United States.

• I haven't heard this, but well, in these parts there are no black girls, at least I never met any (and I don't travel to foreign countries) I think you're from the racist US. They speak of tolerance but the reality is different. They speak of fighting terrorism but sponsor islamic terrorism and arm it, like past 2 years in Libya and Syria.

You may work hard when "your" banksters bankrupt you completely. Where I live work is scarce and poorly paid. You finish a university and might work in car making, steelmaking and things you never expected to do. Before fall of communism we made the most tanks in the world per capita for warsaw pact and allies, now with the western takeover (colonization) state owned property was stolen and standard of living went down. Before there were no homeless people now they freeze to death. Our own industry was taken away yet we are to feel thankful the west took over. Americans ... you don't know what it is to live with a non-world reserve currency... with that debt.

• Ironically, the politicians who sponsored terrorism in Libya and Syria were elected on a platform of "vote for us or you're racist." About 98% of the blacks in the USA voted for Barack Obama, a sign of racism. (what if only 2% of whites had voted for him, they'd be called racist.) And communism, and the Warsaw pact? Many millions of innocents were murdered or starved so the sham of communism could continue for a while longer. We as Americans should have stamped it out globally.

• warsaw pact meant no wars in Europe. "all of a sudden" yugo etc ? Millions of people were starved to death, the UN tries to take over internet, what's next. The humanitarian cover is real bad, why doesn't US bomb Egypt then, Bahrain, Saudi's all those monarchies "democracy" ...lol. The next thing I learned is that in Turkey, there's production of chemical production for Al-Qaeda "rebels" the US vassals keep pouring. They say terrorists got killed - unarmed civilians under genocide kind of stuff...

• I never stereotyped black girls as gold diggers, I generally don't stereotype people at al... however... I'm starting to stereotype Chinese girls from china lol. a lot of them ARE gold diggers and they don't see the problem, its cultural according to a few Chinese girls who literally tell me this themselves. (by stating this I don't have any problem with them for the pc crowd)

• that guy you dated was an idiot, you did the right thing

• Perhaps he got burnt by a black girl in the past who took him for a free ride? That's what I'm guessing led to his belief that it is all about the money.

• True.., that could be the reason.

• I understand what your saying darling. Sorry to hear about your experiences. I've had my share of men who've also played with me so I can relate.

• Men hate feeling like an endless credit card the way that women hate feeling like an interchangeable vagina.

What Girls Said 11

• That guy is a complete moron. Plenty of men are such idiots who say that women (irregardless of their skin color) are gold diggers.

I am so sorry it happened. I know it probably means nothing to you, but I think most of us are unfairly stereotyped.

He is an idiot and trust me, unfortunately, you will encounter many more like him because the world is full of people who use their tongues before they use their brains.

It's the usual thing nowadays.

Don't feel bad about yourself. You have done nothing wrong and there is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You don't deserve that and he doesn't deserve to be with you. He is an idiot and you are better off without him.

• I was so going to type of a response to your comment, but Raichu made me stop, lol.

• That doesn't happen everywhere. There is another world outside America.

Plenty of women have bad views of men too. Just because plenty of women call men manwhores, it doesn't mean that it's true. Stereotypes are idiotic for both genders. You can't just assume something without getting to know the other person well enough.

All these studies are a bunch of crap by the way. No one really knows what happens inside a household. People can easily lie their asses off.

I used to believe in studies too

• ...but percentages do nothing for me anymore.

• its disturbing for sure, he basically said black people are poor and women are only after money in one little sentence. Jerks comes in all shapes and colors for sure. I always thought men thought women were gold diggers, doesn't matter where they are from or what color they are. Cause men are taught if you mess up with a woman saying I'm sorry doesn't work as well as a gift. And when it comes to black women stereotypes I think a lot of TV shows is to blame.

• that's so true Caligirl3. Television is the ultimate source of human stereotypes. A lot of movies with the "typical black woman stereotype" I watch really I'm so surprised because most of them are completely false.

• and reality shows are even worse cause those people are actually real, I'm still surprised that tyra banks as a black woman let all these mean black girls get on top model helps creating the mean black woman stereotype.

• Honestly, this is why I do not date white American guys and I'm extremely hesitant to give white guys a chance. This type of behavior is expected from them because most of them have rarely ever been put in a position where they can even slightly begin to relate to some of the issues black females deal with, such as very offensive stereotypes.

Maybe it's not that white guys are truly "more understanding and romantic", but you just really feel that black guys are LESS understanding and romantic so it makes white guys look good, because in your eyes, black guys are not satisfying you? Idk, just trying to put my psychology degree to good lol

I definitely relate to your frustration! I work two jobs as a full time student and my mother raised me to be very independent. I'd be pissed if a guy ever accused me as a gold digger just because of ancestry I had no possible influence on. I'd never speak to him again.

• @QA, sorry about casanorba being totally unhelpful on your answer because he's so busy trying to be a know it all and failing to impress everyone with his "knowledge". He's convinced that I'm some user I've never heard of because apparently me and that user both talked about black woman issues in America. He's clearly one of those white people who are damn near oblivious to the issues black women in U.S. face so they try to make them invalid by acting like it's an individual issue

• well. I'm assuming you won't be dating him at all now eh? it sucks and irritating but all you can do is educate people best you can. sorry it happened but yea idnt even think knows how silly he sound

• HE is a jerk!

• He hit you with that line aye? I've been there a few times and it's just a type of ignorance I can't tolerate. When I use to try to throw some toleration their way the relationship would just feel weird afterward, if he bought me anything I'd wonder if he's just buying it to fulfill my quota of what should be spent on me from a rich boyfriend, so I learned to just let them go. It sucks but it's rare that I ever know and/or date a white guy and nothing disgustingly racist comes out of his mouth at least one time. When it happens you are presented with two options, you can either educate or evacuate depending on just how grave the offense is.

• well just like there are stereotypes that all white girls are easy and Latinas are sex vixens. Stereotypes are stereotypes. Is it annoying and mostly untrue, absolutely. My boyfriend is bosnian and I'm black. We recognize that we're different races but its never come between us because we are attracted to each other sexually, emotionally, and spiritually regardless. You just have to find the same person that also doesn't care about what race you are and just cares about who you are as a person.

• Pfff Ignore that loser

• Good for u.and ya some are racist thinkers like that

• He showed you his true colors.

people are quick to stereotype us with anything negative so I wouldn't be shocked he feels that way.he just felt comfortable enough with you to say his bias to your face.

He's not your real friend because by saying that he chose to invalidate the woman you are and what you stand for and just throw a negative judgment based on your color.he's dumb,I bet when a white girl uses him for his cash he won't even see it coming :)

• yeah fck that guy. how could he even say that with a straight face?