What percentage of people around you would you want to date?

Just from people you see walking on the street in a store etc.

Only based on looks and within you age category.

Most Helpful Guy

• ONLY based on looks? Jeez, that's being a little generous to women. Well, I suppose if it's ONLY based on looks, then roughly 5% of only the female population (1 in 20), or 2.5% of the total population (1 in 40).

Now, realistically, looks matter, but so does personality. There are plenty of girls who "look good" but are immediately such a huge turn off. That's even before they open up their mouth to say anything, just by the way they act or behave. So, factoring in personality, then roughly 5% of only the female population that is physically attractive (1 in 20), or 0.25% of the total female population (1 in 400), or 0.125% of the total population (1 in 800).

What Guys Said 17

• Only a few. You can't focus in too many directions at once, and whether someone looks pleasant and inteligent gets more of my attention than if they are just good looking.

• In terms of attraction I find 60% of women I see around my age attractive. I am not attracted to guys.

In terms of dating, I am willing to date any woman around my age. Whether I stay with them for more than one date is another story, though, as they have to have a personality I like.

• Half of those people are male so they're eliminated automatically, I'm interested in girls only.

From girls... ugh.. let's say - one to 10% ..I don't know why so many foreigners think that in Northern Europe there are "tons of gorgeous women" - it's just not true, just like everywhere else here are girls from the whole scale.

• I would consider most people attractive where I'm from, I would say around 10-15% of them fit into my personal taste.

• 2% at best.

• A very very low percentage...

• About 50%. However most of the other 50% are overweight where I live so that might be why. Generally I find most girls who aren't overweight attractive enough to date, so without including fat women about 90%.

• Wow where do you live? sure they are 'overweight' or just too big for you?

• According to the BBC "In the UK an estimated 60.8 per cent of adults and 31.1 per cent of children are overweight." and "almost a quarter of adults in England were classified as obese". This is why I can't get a girlfriend. I hate it here haha

• A lot. Let me go around and ask. Well I just got back took about 5 hours or so but I god it. 57% mostly horny old white ladies lol.

• I'd say 30%.

• 1 % perhaps.

• 1% or even less...

• Christ ... man .. probably less then ... 4% :(

• Maybe around 1-3%.

• Probably around 10 percent

• Really hard to say. I'm taking 'date' to mean just a few dates to see how compatible we are and nothing more serious. With that definition I'd probably say... Anywhere from 5% - 10%? That's just people I'd be willing to give a chance to, if I was just talking about people I'd be really optimistic about then it'd be a much lower number.

• well about 50% are male which leaves me with 50% for the women so far. out of the women I would say about 60% so if I do the maths that would be 30%.

• 99% because look really aren't that important to me. It'd take a really hideous looking troll for me to dismiss her on looks alone.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm bisexual, but incredibly picky... I only would want to date who I find very attractive.. and I only see someone every five months or so that makes me look twice. So I'd say 10% of the people I see... in school, apart from my boyfriend, I only fancy one girl out of the whole school over the age of 16 :')

• Hmm, less than 5%.

Most guys here are either too short, overweight, below/average, and gay.

• Probably about 10%, but I don't really think about it too much.

• About 5% of guys aged 18-23

• Less than one percent.

• Uhm 5 percent at most. Not even. Prob 2

• 1%

• Maybe 3%. Honestly.

• If I only base my decision on looks, about 60%. Usually I'm able to find at least one nice thing on someone's appearence, and I focus on that.. But the percentage of people I would actually date considering their personallity is about 1-2%. I'm more drawn to personallity than looks. Because the outer can change easily, the inside no.

• You took the words right out of my mouth! Personality is the final factor in terms of dating, but I think 60% of the women I see around my age are attractive.

• None

Only my bf

• Like 5%.

• I'm picky.

Let's see.

Take the population of the world (or for this, just my area of it). I'm straight so now we're at roughly 50% of the world being the male population. Of those 50%, you need to rule out those men who are gay/bi. So shall we say 25% of that population. So of the 75% of that half left, we shall rule out those excessively younger/older than I. So now we're at...oh, let's say 12% of guys. Now let's get into those I'm physically attracted to. Now we're at about 3%. Of those 3%, we need to weed out those I find emotionally/mentally incompatible with me. So now we're at 2% of the male population.

Yup. I'm picky. Kill me for it.