Guys, would you date a girls like me?

Im 29 years old, a medical doctor, on PhD studies. I work, have my own finance, love to travel and know much about history, art, etc. I am looking for a man who is devoted to me, has his own life but still has me in the center of it. Has his own friends, but still loves to hang out with me (not avoiding me because of them). I do not seek for money. Just look for honestz, feelings and a friends for life. This is not an advertise. just wanted to know, honestly, would a guz date me. Because I alwazs end up with guzs who hurt me, take me for granted and torture me emotionally by making me jealous. And I think that guys don't like girls who are older than 25. But... While I was learning and trying to be a grown up other girls dated normal guys and got married. Now.. I ended up alone and have a feeling that now its too late for me to find a decent one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't like girls older than 25? That is very untrue, and I say this with all sincerity. I have found women in their 40's to be highly attractive. You sound accomplished, intelligent and like you have a good head on your shoulders. Maybe you're just attracting the wrong people in your life. Everything in life happens on its own time (including meeting that person).

What Guys Said 9

• Its not too late for you to find love. People always find love at any age.

I won't say I would date you or not date you but seems like a majority of the guys here will date you.

But for me, well looks matters first. This is a thing you gotta understand with men. The first gate to their hearts is looks. We will choose a girl with the looks but nothing to offer to build a relationship; as oppose to a girl like you who is stable. I know this logic is dumb and stupid, but you can't blame for how men are hardwired.

Secondly, I look wife traits. All I care about is if she knows what she's doing to contribute and build the relationship.

This is just my opinion.

• Well... People say I'm pretty, I'm not skinny but am not fat. I do have a pretty face, very unusual actually. The only thing that would be negative is I don't like to cook, but have nothing against it if we make agreement on house jobs (because I'm not a housewife so don't have much time to do everything). But still... Most men look just for fun and not intelligence and humour.

• Couple of red flags in your statement... "making me jealous"... you make that choice. If he abuses your feelings and is inappropriate you can choose to stop the relationship and tell him as much.

"Ended up alone" and "too late for me" ... why put it that way and not just "currently alone" and "I have to start dating again". "Ended up" and "too late" is a revealing way of describing your situation. At age 29, it seems odd to use these expressions.

Take a little more control of your choices. If the guy isn't treating you how you feel you deserve, talk about it, don't just live with it. You may find his side to offer some surprises. Your description sounds a little desperate and that hardly helps make relationships go smoothly. Expect honesty but then also believe someone until proven otherwise. Dishonest people trip themselves up without much effort from your side. If you keep asking for honesty for the same question, then you are telling the guy that you don't believe him. For a real honest guy, this is a put down and quite quickly is not fixable. Of course I can't tell if this is happening from your note, but I am guessing based on how you describe it. Mutual trust is powerful and helps bring a couple together. Constant demands for honesty of a person who is already honest does the opposite.

• I don't see any reason not to want to date a woman like you.

• Intelligent women are great so yeah probably.

• It's never too late. If you seek you, will find.

• guys don't give sh*t what your career is or how many vanilla interests you have like travel. we care that your are mentally and emotionally stable, that we find you attractive, that we easily get along with you and have fun together.

If you keep finding jerk offs to date then its something your doing wrong that keeps you making relationships with men who hurt you.

• You sound like a interesting person, so yeah I would date a girl like you. And it's never too late to find your right guy...

• :-) But what do you think... Is it me that makes them treat me wrong or there are SUCH guys who just do that?

• Depends if you do something strange or unusual in front of them, so it makes them uncomfortable to be with you. But in your situation I think it's more likely that your path crosses with wrong guys who enjoy hurting others.

• It doesn't matter what you do in your life, if you only get problems with the guys you date, you should quit dating a**holes and start to look for kind people.

• I think the problem is that you're looking to keep your life very much the same by not changing anything but having the guy make you the center of his world while still maintaining his life. That's a hard thing to do and there aren't many people out there that can fill that role.

What Girls Said 0