How not to over text someone?

Me and my ex are friends now, I am getting the feeling he has some feelings still. But, every time we text and he doesn't respond quickly I freak out. When ever his older brother text me (because we are good friends) I don't flip out when it take forever for him to text back. My ex always responds in some time, and we get along great. But, tonight he told me I need to clam down, because I sent him 7 text when he was busy. I know I need to take his advice, I don't know what makes me do this. It is some dependency thing I think. I don't know what to do to help myself stay clam and not over text him when he's busy. I want to stay friends, so I don't wanna ruin it by annoying him. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've totally been there. And I understand how helpless it feels when he isn't texting you right back. And in the moment, I know that it feels like you need to text him more because you miss him and want to be in contact like while you were dating. It sounds like you still have a chance with this guy! But what you need to do is let him come to you sometimes. Don't always be the one to text first, but if you do text first make sure not to text back again until he texts you. The more you act secure and confident about it, the more he will be attracted and want to text you. It seems hopeless, I know, when he doesn't text back and you feel like you need to make sure that you will keep in contact. But the best way to do it is to not show how desperate you are to talk with him. Once again, I've been there. Two months ago, my boyfriend and I broke up and he asked to be friends and shortly after we started dating again :) because I tried very hard to follow this advice! So I hope it can work for you too!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• if you text him...then put the phone away as soon as you finished, and don't pick it up until you get a message...but generally let him text you first...it's going to be hard, but you can control yourself!

• Maybe wait for him to text you, that's what I do with my boyfriend, it may seem like a very long time but its worth not being annoying.