3rd date and still no kiss! Why?

So our 3rd date was going to the movies. For the whole movie, I made it really obvious that I wanted him to hold my hand or put his arm around me (I kept my hand on my thigh real close to his and kinda leaned into him halfway through. I saw him glance at my hand like 100 times but he didn't make a move). Then at the end of our date, I stood real close to him, looked up at him and said goodnight. Instead of kissing me, he gave me a tight hug and rubbed my back.

Then he asked for another date for next weekend. Obviously he likes me right? So why isn't making any moves?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he absolutely wanted to hold your hand,however he might be held back by past experiences.Maybe he tried that on a girl back then but she rejected him.Yes,rejection has its after-effect,but surely he noticed the signs you`ve given to him.He became more open and gave you a tight hug.By now he might be asking himself why he didn`t kiss u,while you were that close to him.Behold,next date...

What Guys Said 1

• chances are he is nervous he might mess it up, wants to take it slow or something. I wouldn't worry about it, they way it sounds he does like you if he keeps wanting to see you

What Girls Said 2

• Thats a good sign. He might want to take it slow, it means he respect you and really like you. Don't rush take your time. He might surprise you with a kiss whenever he feels is the right time and I think that stolen kisses are the best,just wait :)

• Be patient he's taking his time he will kiss you when the time is right

• Be glad that he is taking it slow. It can mean that he likes you and not rush into things. I wish the guy I like can do that, but they tend to rush sex.