Texting an ex at Xmas good or bad?

Okay so back in the summer I was seeing an amazing guy who I met through my house mate. Unfortunately he ended it saying he didn't have time for a relationship. I haven't spoken to him in 4 months but still here from him from time to time through friends! Is it okay to send him a message saying merry Christmas hope you have a good one type thing? Any ideas of what to say, after all id like to be his friend!

Also when is the best time to send a message like this... Before Xmas or Xmas day?

Thing is I haven't spoken to him since September. We have mutual friends and I sometimes hear of him! Is now to early to message him of fb wishing him a merry Xmas?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well considering it sounds like you ended on good terms, there's probably nothing wrong with it. Though normally I would advise against it. Yeah I say go for it in this case. Just wish him happy holidays and all that, maybe ask if he's got his shopping done, or whether he'll be with family this year, and all that stuff. Whatever you think sounds good. But before Christmas is best. If he responds, then maybe you can send more on Christmas, or Boxing Day, just try not to flood him with texts, if possible.

• Yeah, you should be fine. I don't think you have that much to worry about.

What Guys Said 3

• I say because you two never had a bad breakup or anything saying merry Christmas would be fine. as for when I would say a few days before Christmas

• Sounds like you might like him as more than a friend.

As others have said, text/call him when you want. It's up to him to respond.

• Take it easy,you can say Hello whenever you want

What Girls Said 4

• depends what your intention is ... if you are hoping to be friends and then hope it develops back into a relationship then don't say anything. If you just want to wish someone a merry Christmas then there is absolutely nothing wrong with doing that. :)

• I wouldn't send him a text. You're just hoping for some sort of reaction from him.

• I'd say it's a nice gesture. Especially at Christmas people are usually in a good mood and like to hear from people and even if there were hard feelings (which isn't the case for you) people tend to be more forgiving and more open to the idea to hear from people.

So go for it.

• You can if you want but it's not going to make him want uou