Would you date younger girls?

I am going to be 18 in less then a month... I was wondering if guys 20 - 25 would date an 18 year old. If so what would you like her to be like?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends a lot on you and on the guy. A guy closer to 25 has way more life experience than an 18 year old girl, even though the age difference isn't really that big. So, if he somehow feels like the life goals don't match enough, or that the levels of life experience are too different, he may not want to have a serious relationship with said girl. Maturity also plays a bigger role in this situation..

From experience though, I can tell you that it is quite possible. I'm 18, and I'm currently suspecting that one of my male friends (he just turned 24) is interested in me. I also know a few girls who are around my age and have successfully dated guys who were several years older.

What Guys Said 2

• If she acts mature enough then I think that would be fine

• Yes, but that's close to the "no zone" not because of chronological age but because of life experience, which will have been high school. The same spread but five years older, no problem.

For that matter, 45/30 need not be a problem either.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes guys will date younger girls. From age 18-19 I dated two guys that were older than me. One was 21 and the other one is 26. It really depends on your maturity levels.

• they will, most of them at least.

I'm 18, the oldest guy I dated is turning 24 this month and the youngest I've dated was 21.

I agree though that it depends on your maturity level. When I was with the oldest guy, he was a lot more mature and settled down and had more experience in relationships than me.

I was too young for him mentally, I was pretty much at that phase where I wanted it to be like The Notebook and what not lol. It was my first real relationship so I expected a lot out of him. Mostly really dumb things like you see in the movies. I wanted it to be "perfect" but I've learned from that experience that no one is perfect and that "perfect" relationships you see in the movies don't exist lol