She wouldn't date me, now I'm dating someone else. And now she's interested. Does this happen a lot?

I think it's happening to me. She hadn't rejected me really, but it was more like whenever I tried to hangout, I made her a priority while she treated me like an option, getting back to me whenever she felt like.

But now I'm dating someone and for some reason, it seems like I've become more interesting to her. And other girls, too.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's happened to me too. I was with a guy and another one wanted to be with me. When I broke it off with the first guy, the other guy suddenly had no interest. People don't want people who are available. It's really stupid.

What Girls Said 3

• Yep, everyone wants what they can't have. Continue dating the girl you are with and don't let the girl who rejected you initially ruin it.

• also, it's funny, because some of the girls seem genuinely happy for me...but again, the behavior they exhibit is different, because even the ones who seem so happy for me give me attention now. They didn't care before. Maybe it's because my worth has been "proven" or something. I don't know.

• just human nature to want something we can't have. Some people love the chase, the un known, the unavailable.

• Some girls will others won't fight for d*** per say lol.

• People want what other people have subconsciously. Its like keeping up with he Jones'.

What Guys Said 3

• It happens all the time. Girls don't know what comfort is supposed to feel like until you throw them in the cold. It's not until then, that they realize how much they cared about you.

• I think it's a human thing. Subconsciously you think they'll always be there since it's the "normal", then all of a sudden the walls start coming down.

it was funny. I was out with the girl I'm dating, I saw a couple of my female friends there (one of whom I tried for 3 years to get with) and they screamed out my name to get my attention. In the past, they wouldn't have given a f*** or waited till I noticed them.

• Welcome to the man's life. Girls will get jealous and try to kill each other as you get older and keep this up just sit back and enjoy the show with a pal and some beers.

• Social proof.

• can you explain this?

• People want things, or at least show more interest in things they can't have, it's one of life's jokes

• This girl in question, I couldn't have done more for in showing my interest. I had called her personally on her birthday, I made her a priority in hangouts, I gave her attention...but she didn't give sh*t. She could've taken it or left it. I did that for 3 years.

And now she's the one coming up to me all the time. It's a joke.

• even better: even though I called her on her birthday and personally wished her a happy birthday (and she still probably put more stock into the Facebook wishes), she didn't call on mine or even mention it.