How long do you take to respond to a text?

When you're texting someone, how long do you take to respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• I answer as soon as I can. If I'm busy, obviously it'll take more time before I *can* answer, but other than that, I have a reputation for immediate responses.

I don't do the "let me wait 5 minutes before responding" thing, haha! I've actually been told to do that when trying to date someone, haha! "Wait the same amount of time he did!" Rules rules rules. I've never been very good at following rules :-)

What Girls Said 10

• It depends on how much I value the sender and if I'm busy or not. If I really like someone I reply rather quickly within the first 3 hours usually no matter what, if not AND I'm busy it could take hours, it could take days and in some cases weeks.

• I respond whenever I read a text. Sometimes my phone's on silent or I'm busy so it takes longer to receive a message. Just depends.

• the sound on my phone is usually turned off, so it might take an hour or so before I notice I have received a text. I usually answer the text as soon as I see it, unless I am really busy and it would be inappropriate to be texting.

• I don't always have my phone right by me. If I do, I'll respond within a few minutes unless I'm busy. Otherwise I respond within a day.

• Right away, if I feel or hear it vibrating.

• II TRY to text back right away if I'm about to meet someone though...during finals week it might take a day or two to respond. I'm simply not an avid texter so most of the time it takes me forever.

• It depends on how busy I am.

If I'm busy and I forget it might take a while, but usually I text back right away.

• depends, if I'm working, driving, at dinner etc I won't message back until I'm finsihed doing whatever it was that I was doing. If I'm not busy I'll answer atraight away.

• Right away unless I'm driving

(but if the message sender is a clingy friend- Couple of hours)

• If I have time and I hear the beep, I respond immediately. If I'm somehow busy or find out later, I respond a.s.a.p. If I'm really busy, I respond whenever I get the chance, which can take couple of hours or even a full day...

What Guys Said 7

• Family: Depends on who, usually a few minutes.

Friends: Depends on who again, anywhere from instant to hours.

Best Friend: Instant

Girl I Like: A minute or two, or if she is taking a while to respond, I will match her.

Girlfriend: Instant

Guy who keeps asking me to resend the picture of my boobs and to come to his place: never

• Usually right away, unless I'm in the gym or just don't hear it come in.

• ASAP

• A while actually, unless I hear it right away.

• straight away, I don't understand why people play games on their crushes and make them wait, if I want to talk to them I will message them, I don't care what they are doing or how long they take to reply. alpha as f***.

• one depends when I get the message and when I read it then depedns on what I'm doing then how long the reply is

• Work related = when I know the answer.

Non-work related = when I feel like it.