Why doesn't he make more effort to contact me?

Me and this guy have been seeing each other for two and a half months. We live long distance but still get to see each other at least once a week or once every two weeks. Last two times he has come down and stayed at my place. We have gone out for dinner, movies, small road trip etc. We did go on a couple of dates before we had sleep overs... yes we are sleeping with each other. We are both in our mid twenties and I can tell he is serious about me. He is polite, considerate and treats me very well and pays for most things. Generally when it comes to texting or calling I am the one who initiates most of the time however. We can go two sometimes three days without speaking sometimes. I'm wondering if this is normal? Why doesn't he make more effort in this way. He always replies and answers when I do text or call.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's not a texty-call-type of person? Some people prefer contact in real life and in person than through textmessages. I know, when you don't call or text, you don't hear each other that often, but maybe he's okay with that? Maybe he knows that you're there for him, whether you hear him everyday or not. I'm not saying that you're his "safety net", it could be because he's so comfortable with you that he doesn't feel the need to text and call every day.

It could also be that he still wants his time, you know, so that the relationship can evolve and doesn't look so serious and all.