Have you ever considered a platonic guy friend as a datable after he started dating someone?

Like you didn't consider him datable until he started dating someone? And that kind of moved him out of the platonic territory?

Most Helpful Girl

• i only had 2 platonic guy friends and no I did not want to date them. but I would get possessive in terms of friendship like I wanted to be his bestie where he tells everything to me, but he would talk to my other friend who was also a girl, I didn't like being left out or out of the loop and he wouldn't tell me things he told her. pissed me off.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sure it happens to some people, but for me personally, once a guy is taken they are considered off the market. I thinks it's hard to backwards rationalize why person x consider person why attractive. They saw something that was special to them, but it doesn't mean that thing has to be special to you too.

• yeah, but when I was on the market, she obviously wasn't keen on anything. So might as well be off it.

• I never try to take a guy away from his girlfriend. But it's true that if a guy friend starts seeing someone else, it does make him look desirable.

• Me personally, no. With my guy friends, I either found them sexually attractive or I didn't. If anything, it would make me value him more in a platonic way, though. Because guys are kinda sh*tty friends unless they are getting p**** from someone, because they don't value friendship.

What Guys Said 3

• girls like social status, a guy attracting women is a sign of high potential status, treat the girl like you're not even remotely attracted to her and she's going to throw herself at you because she's getting scared she's much less attractive than the other girl you are seeing. with women it's all about finding a guy that's above them, all the guys that are readily attracted to her she categorizes as low value and low priority.

• what do you mean by treat her like you're not attracted to her? I mean, me and her always had a bantering relationship where we pretend the other isn't that good (negging, if you will).

• that way is OK, because it's flirty and fun.

• so just continue doing that? Because she still considered me a friend during all that. Of course, I wasn't dating anyone then either.

• Only in the movies does this happen, and one in every 3,403 chances in the real world. If you permit a girl to see you in a non-sexual light and she starts emotionally tamponing on you, you're just going to be left as a bloody rag to complain on about all the "jerks and a**holes" that actually are f***ing her. Be that a**hole that actually pushes for sex. If you don't get it, move on and find yourself a girl who is attracted to you and wants more than to use you as an orbiter.

• yeah, that's actually why I started trying to find someone to date and got a solid 8/10 (the female friend is a 7). So at least that makes me feel better. I'm still going to see her around though.

• No, once I've allowed myself to be the "male friend", I've never gotten out of it. The only way to prevent this is to get really physical and push for sex early and often with new girls so that they know the friend zone isn't an option for you. Guys that get stuck in the friend zone do so by their own fault. We give girls emotional validation without us being sexually validated. I've learned from my lessons and any girl that just wants "friends" I just cut her out of my life. Women are for sex and companionship within a relationship. Male friends are where you should get advice and validation from during the rest of the time.

• okay, now what if I have to work with one of these female "friends" for a month? Just give her short answers, or what?

And she might even ask about the girl I'm seeing.