More likely to date you..?

If a guy smokes, would he be more interested in dating a girl who also smokes, or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it works that way. I smoke once in a while and am also interested in girls that don't smoke. I would also stop smoking if it meant I could date a great girl that doesn't smoke. But that's because I'm not actually a regular smoker and not dependent, so it wouldn't be hard to quit.

Now, for guys that don't smoke, they will most likely want a girl that doesn't smoke. And the same goes, I think, for girls that don't smoke.

Generally one shouldn't change because of someone else preferences, but just be yourself. But with smoking (in the long run) it is probably more healthy to quit, but if you don't want to quit and the other doesn't want to be with you just because of that, then so be it. In the end you should accept someone for who he or she is, otherwise it's not going to work. So either the guy accepts you for who you are, or he doesn't.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't smoke and am not interested in girls who smoke. Honestly, after kissing a girl who smoked once, it was a total turn-off. To a non-smoker like myself, it was just nasty.

• I guess so. Some people don't like dating smokers but if he smokes he isn't going to be one of those people. It doesn't mean he will date you just because you smoke though lol

• If he smokes, you smoking would not likely increase your chances, however, it MIGHT be a perk. However, it's a small perk. It's not like "oh thank god she smokes" it's more like "alright.". Anyway, if you don't already smoke, I strongly advise you don't try to pick up smoking just to get a guy. This is not one of those things you wanna screw with, believe me. Especially since there are so many non-smokers who consider smoking an absolute deal breaker.

• You're pretty! Don't start smoking lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I do not believe that it matters

• Don't change who you are for him. :)