Can my ex-boyfriend get in legal trouble for this?

My ex-boyfriend texted me, asking if I knew anyone that sold marijuana. I simply said "No, I don't know anyone that does that anymore". The only people I knew that did that, were people I met through him and that was 5 years ago. Haven't smoked weed since then.

Anyway, he completely overreacted. Started insulting me, calling me a bitch and a "****bag". I did text him back, but pretty much to defend myself because I felt like I was being attacked. This isn't this first time he has texted me with things like this, except I don't have those saved.

If I were to go to the police and show them the texts about the insults that I consider harassment and the texts about trying to get weed, could he get in trouble for that? I'm tired of him being a complete a**hole just because he has nothing better to do, or whatever the reason is.

I don't really care if this seems petty... He has screwed with me many many times and I want him to get screwed over and grow the hell up.

Most Helpful Guy

• the police would probably look at you like your stupid. I guess they could charge him with conspiracy to possess marijuana (if that's even a charge, which I doubt) you could fill out some sort of harrassment complaint, but I doubt anything would come from it. A text message is little more than circumstantial evidence.

What Guys Said 2

• You could just ignore him...you don't HAVE to reply. You shouldn't be talking to ex's anyway

• lol you should both grow up a bit

What Girls Said 3

• You're right, this sounds incredibly petty. If you hate him so much, why spend so much time and energy on him? Have his # blocked and grow up. The police will tell you the same thing

• They'll basically tell you to grow some skin and move on

And you're overreacting

• I have a better idea. BLOCK his number. Problem solved.