Is it weird for me to not want to be taken care of?

I'm 20 and I haven't had a lot of experience dating. The one guy I have dated, would be really sweet and offer to do things for me a lot, but I never needed him to. He needed me a lot, though. I was always taking care of him and I loved doing it, too.

I've been talking to a guy for a couple weeks. He seems very nice and like the type of guy who's going to want to take care of me. And honestly, I don't know if I want that in a relationship.

My mom isn't married, but I see how she is with dating, and she loves being taken care of. She doesn't mind being dependent on the man in her life. I just don't get it.

I don't know if it's because I've been single for 99.9% of my life besides the one guy I dated for about 2 months, but I just don't know how to let a guy do things for me all the time. Doing stuff for him is a different story, as I mentioned before, but I feel like I don't really want to be taken care of. It's kind of like, I want to date and have someone, but without needing him. It's just strange to me.

Am I the only girl who feels this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you're like me and want more of a partner than the traditional husband. I want someone who is an equal, not someone to take care of/take care of me. I am capable of doing things on my own!

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell him you want to live independent while also being with him...

Thnx

What Girls Said 1

• its normal