Why can't people respect other people's preferences?

I read a post asking if "Would you date a Black man" and my honest opinion was No, because I am not attracted to black men as well as to Asian Oriental men. I have my own personal preferences, and I'm sure you have your own, so please don't get offended by them, instead, you should respect other people's preference/opinion. If you're going to ask a question and then get offended by people's response, then don't ask!

These questions are similar to: Would you date a morbidly obese person? Would you date flat-chested women? Would you date a man with a small penis? Would you date a short man or a tall woman?Etc,... So people, everyone has their own opinion in these matters, respect them, listen, learn from it, and remember not everybody has to like you, but there will always be someone out there that will.

Btw, I meant to post this on the "Other" Category.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not OK to say you wouldn't date any kind of person...its not pc and people might get upset. don't you know that...this is candyland where everyone has a unicorn and lives in a cloud castle. yet those same people who give you sh*t for having an opinion will say they are for diversity of opinion and are accepting of others... right...

im not dating a black guy, brown guy, yellow guy, fat guy, overly tall/short guy, bearded guy, ginger, babydaddy, consistently unemployed guy, small penis guy, hairy guy, bald guy, guy more than 5 years older than me, younger than me by a year, etc.

What Guys Said 2

• peace.love.couture is right no one disrespected you. Why are you mad?

• :) I know some messages may come across wrong, I just wanted to prove my point.

• Because they don't believe you? It is pretty farfetched, isn't it?

What Girls Said 7

• No one didn't disrespect you in your response

But as with the other questions you used as examples, the 5 star rating system and thumbs up/down still remain available. Rating a question poorly or thumbing down doesn't count as disrespect

It took more than one person to downvote according to your downvotes

• Because people don't appreciate honesty and they get easily offended.

• In before EmpressMe comes on here claiming you are a racist for having a preference then never shutting up after she thinks she is right. Girl you are fine.

• Unless you said something like "ew gross" or 'nobody should date them" then it is your personal preference and you are entitled to it.

• i agree with u. I cnt c why any1 wouldn't lol. I think people like to get offended to be honest

• Haters... Haters everywhere...Haters will always hate... No matter what you do. I saw that post and I saw few posts that I think the answer were okay, not even racist but still there was either an angry Caucasian men (who doesn't like the idea of their woman dating other races) or angry black men (who are just angry because some white women won't date them) So just ignore them :)

• Because they have nothing better to do. Lots of people are bored.