Is it bad to go on dates with someone if you have no intentions of getting serious?

i kinda wanna just go on dates with him for practice because I'm 20 and should have some dating experience. also to get out of my house and have fun. I already went on a double date with him and flirted over text a little and now he wants to take me out just me and him. what should I do?

It would be so helpful if you can write a dialogue as to what I shoukd say. Like when he texts me "do you want to go to ____ with me?" what should I say?

im thinking, "yes, id love to! but I think I should tell you up front that you seem like a great guy its just that I'm not looking for anything serious right now."

guys how would you feel getting a message like that? is there anything different I should say or add something? I feel bad and awkward

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, you should be up front about your intentions. Don't lead this guy on to thinking that you like him a lot. If you just want to casually date, let him know. Say that you are not looking for a serious relationship. Be up front, that is all you can do.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to casually date, just as long as the other person is aware of your intentions.

• *It would be so helpful if you can write a dialogue as to what I shoukd say. Like when he texts me "do you want to go to ____ with me?"

im thinking, "yes, id love to! but I think I should tell

• whoops...

• That's exactly what you should say! Just be friendly but honest.

What Guys Said 1

• If you're not interested, don't do it. How would you like it if a guy just took you out and hooked up with you for "practice."

That's effed up. No. Just no...

• It would be so helpful if you can write a dialogue as to what I shoukd say. Like when he texts me "do you want to go to ____ with me?" what should I say?

• Just tell him that you want to hang out, but are not looking to date.

Better yet, just don't go out with him. You already know that he's interested. Don't waste his time!

What Girls Said 1

• As long as you are not leading him on and are honest I don't see why not. It's consensual

• Something close to that. You have to let it grow organically. Definitely include that you are not looking for anything serious at this point in your life. But that you like him and think he is pretty cool, ... ( fill in the blank) guy.