How important is showing affection ?

I have been dating this girl now for 3 months she's really nice and she goes to church. It feels strange because whenever I try to kiss her she turns her head and lets me kiss her cheek no lips or nothing. I know she likes me and that she's into me just feels strange. Any reason why she may be acting this way ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Rougeceries hit on something you should definitely look into.before I met my husband I had a real big problem with affection, receiving and expressing it. I didn't come from a home where any of that was shown. So I grew up to be very uncomfortable with touch from others, even those I dated.

That may very well be an issue for your girlfriend. This is major though. There may be other reasons why she's shying away from your affections, such as religious reasons or maybe plain inexperience. Whatever the case, you can't let it go unchecked.

Physical affection is necessary for a romantic relationship and you can't leave it up to guesses on why she's not reciprocating in kind. Address it. The next time she does it, ask her, "does it make you uncomfortable when I kiss you?" Depending on her answer, you respond accordingly. Let her know you get the feeling that she's not comfortable with the physical stuff and then ask her if there's anything she'd prefer that you do. Not all of us like to kiss. Some of us love a good squeeze on the booty or even necking. Just find out what floats her boat and focus on that.

What Girls Said 9

• There is no point in "dating" someone if there is not intimacy just be friends then right? that's all I meant.

• Because she has principles. Or you could ask her?

• Often times in religious families, they are taught that sex is dirty. She may be feeling uncomfortable because it's not something that gets talked about a lot and it's not something that she's used to. Just talk to her about it and find out more about where she stands in that way.

• Showing affection is REALLY important for me. I come from a touchy family though. When I was growing up, we'd hug a lot, and we said, "I love you" all the time. Maybe she just isn't from a family like that (it's something to consider).

Or maybe she doesn't feel ready.

How old is she? Age is a big factor.

• Where both the same age 31

• 31 and she isn't really interested? I dunno...sounds...different. All I can say is good luck!

• 3months isn't that long and even more if she is religious.

It seems like she doesn't wanna give it up too quickly. she probably have never kissed a guy before and wanna make sure you worth it.

• she's waiting for marriage? she's super catholic?

• dump her

• Church girls like respect, perhaps she is a Virgin. Just see where this goes.

• Wow I never thought about that but she's the same age as me I doubt she is one.

• I am 23yrs old and I was a church girl and I didn't give it up till I was 20 when I was away from home

• Sounds like she's shy

What Guys Said 1

• She probably just doesn't feel comfortable with too much affection yet. If you show her that you like her for more than her body and don't rush into things I'm sure she will eventually be more affectionate with you and possibly be open to more intimate things. Don't just be in it for the sex though, girls can smell that from a mile off, especially church girls!