Guys, what do you normally text your girlfriend in conversation every day?

Guys, honestly how do you text your girlfriend/what kinds of stuff do you text about? I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 4 months.

We've never been into the lovey dovey texting. Every once in a while we'll say how much we miss each other and all that.

So usually we text about each others' day and random other stuff. Inside jokes here and there. But sometimes at night I just choose to say I'm going to bed even if I'm not right away, because I don't know where this texting is going.

Guys who have been in a relationship for this long and are close to their gfs, is this all normal and okay? Or should I push to flirt more?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's normal. My boyfriend and I were always the same way. Our text conversation never had much in them, but when we were together in person every thing was always just as fine and as perfect as could be. So as long as the attraction and fun is there in person it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

• Yes that's identical to my situation. In person it's great

What Girls Said 6

• I think there is a generational gap. My husband and I text, and before when we were dating, we'd text all the time. We really just enjoyed keeping in contact because we liked each other so much. But, when school or work came up, we understood.

So, if you're not sure what to text, be open.

I know I might not be answering your question, but like I said, the generational gap for me. I don't really understand why this is a problem. You might try talking on the phone to hear each others' voices? That seems more fulfilling to me.

Good Luck!

• It all depends on the person really. One of my guys we used to have full blown conversations texting each other til the sun went down. My other guy would barely ever text and sometimes I'd go 3 days without hearing from him (not cool). So I don't think there's a "normal", just whatever you both mutually think works for you.

• If you text your girlfriend just text her stuf like small talk or to plan a date sextings cool 2

• most people say wahts up

• just random things throughout the day "This crazy lady came into my work and blah blah blah" try to make it funny though, not depressing, but it you are sad you can talk about that too... you can also randomly tell her you miss her and can't wait to see her, what you'd like to do with her, maybe talk about a fun date idea and ask if she likes the idea, etc...

• I've always been the kind of girl who likes to have a boyfriend who will text me everyday or at least ring me so I know how they are and that kind of stuff. I used to expect the guy would text a lot until I discovered that some guys aren't actually into it,but I'd like to him from him once in a while.

What Guys Said 0